Gers make Goodwillie approach

1.2 Million tops for Goodwillie.

Would he actually improve our current team? He would add to the squad but would be he a first XI player?

Id rather give Healy a run than over spend on Goodwillie. Or search the Championship for a decent striker. Someone like Whittingham from Cardiff who scored plenty in that league last year can play a similar role to Goodwillie.

Whittingham's a midfielder.

Really don't get how "too expensive" turns into "skint".

I easily have enough money to be "able to spend" a tenner for a pint of beer, but it's still "too expensive" for me.

Personally I think he will come for 1.5million although it is a bit frightening that players would rather play for Cardiff in the English second tier than Champions League Football with Rangers.

There's now more money in the Championship as they have a bigger TV audience - and I think they charge more for a ticket. Sponsorship is bigger too.

Then there is also that the top clubs are so desperate to get to the riches of the EPL that they are willing to debt finance their efforts to get there.

I would guess the motivation to go to Cardiff is mostly more money with the semi chance of playing in the Prem - and once there the chance of a big money move to one of the bigger clubs.

One of the embarrassing things is that within a few years, the top two Welsh clubs could be far richer than us due to the riches in the EPL. Our independent Scottish league is going to be our ball and chain.

Guest Dutchy
Personally I think he will come for 1.5million although it is a bit frightening that players would rather play for Cardiff in the English second tier than Champions League Football with Rangers.

Although Conway spoke to us, he was already chatting with Malky McKay(!) to go to Watford, but Malky moved to Cardiff, so it was probably always on the cards that he wouldn't have come to Ibrox.

I'd still persue Goodwillie and I expect him to come for �£1.8 million.

Dundee United striker David Goodwillie is expected to be charged with serious assault in relation to an incident in Glasgow city centre in November.

The 22-year-old is expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on 30 June at a pleading diet.

Goodwillie, who is also currently facing allegations of rape, has been at the centre of transfer speculation in recent days.

Rangers were asked for a �£2m fee for Goodwillie after an official inquiry.

Conway is a decent SPL player that's it, I was hoping we didn't sign him and it looks like we're not, he's not any better than what we have.

Goodwillie is a good player and one I would like to see play for us, unless he gets locked up! We've had plenty of players who have attracted trouble in the past and most of them done well for us and some even changed their ways!! I'm sure Ally and other staff/players would help sort him out if needed.