Official: Juan Manuel Ortiz a Rangers player

Who is if it isnt us ? The Tims ? I doubt it.

Well if we're Real then Celtic must be Barca.

There's nothing remotely similar between us and Real. They have a huge history domestically and in europe, which is something we can only dream of.

One of the minor bonuses to this deal is that it is a signing which was not rumoured anywhere, not spoken about in the press at all, until almost done. We have been complaining about the public nature of our targets (which I agree should be done behind closed doors) but obviously there are other targets being pursued in a less public manner.

So hopefully there are more still to come, and a couple of surprises hopefully too :D

Well if we're Real then Celtic must be Barca.

There's nothing remotely similar between us and Real. They have a huge history domestically and in europe, which is something we can only dream of.

We dont have a huge domestic history ? Of course we do.

Cuellar said the "Real Madrid of Scotland" - unless I am missing something he isnt making any assertion about how we do in Europe.

Basically he is stating that we are the biggest club in Scotland, much like Madrid are in Spain.

We dont have a huge domestic history ? Of course we do.

Cuellar said the "Real Madrid of Scotland" - unless I am missing something he isnt making any assertion about how we do in Europe.

Basically he is stating that we are the biggest club in Scotland, much like Madrid are in Spain.

He's saying that because we play in Scotland?!?!?!?!

I'll reiterate my point again - we don't have a huge history in Scotland AND europe.

He's saying that because we play in Scotland?!?!?!?!

I'll reiterate my point again - we don't have a huge history in Scotland AND europe.

Ridiculous point - you just twisted what he was saying to talk us down. We're the biggest team in Scotland, Real are the biggest team in Spain. I'm sure that's broadly all the point that was being made. He's moving from a small club to a huge club.

Edited by bmck

Ridiculous point - you just twisted what he was saying to talk us down. We're the biggest team in Scotland, Real are the biggest team in Spain. I'm sure that's broadly all the point that was being made. He's moving from a small club to a huge club.

Of course I'm going to talk us down. What do you expect, we've just been compared to Real Madrid.

I've obviously taken the point differently to you. I stand by what I've said though.

These are the sort of deals we should be looking for more often btw because even although Almeria were relegated, this guy has a good pedigree and plenty of La Liga experience. �£500k is an absolute bargain for this type of player.