Thats the summer weekends with no football over and its full steam ahead as the season kicks off this coming Saturday and the league flag will be unfurled. :spl:

As usual we will have our expectations of the team going into a new season. With a new (ish) management team in place they are likely to have different ideas about how we play but with not much difference in the squad thus far Im hoping Ally carries the baton from where Walter left off. We finished last season on a high and we were scoring for fun. We showed that when we played to our strengths and attack teams that we are a huge distance above 10 of the other SPL teams.

With a number of players signing new lenghty deals it can only settle things. I expect a few new faces coming in this week, ideally Cuellar will agree personal terms and if we can get Bougherra to sign on also then our defensive woes will be disappearing. The defence is the most concerning area of the pitch at the moment. We are still in the market for possibly one futher defender with the names of Rodriguez and Bartley being touted. One major boost at the back is the long term deal of Allan McGregor. Good enough for any team in England The New Goalie will be between the sticks at Ibrox for 6 more seasons which still means I cant ever remember Rangers having anything less than a top class first choice keeper since I started following.

3 youngsters made good progress last season and established themselves in the squad. Hutton, Ness and Wylde all have a full season under their belt now they should be kicking onto the next level.

We picked up 2 of the 3 domestic trophies last season and for me that should be expected every season with the league title always being one of them. Last season I said at the time that winning the league cup was possibly the better cup to win than the Scottish Cup as it was at a time when we were out of Europe therefore the focus could be 100% on the league.

We have to negotatiate 2 rounds of qualifiers for the Champions League where the 10m windfall is hugely important for the near future planning of the team. I fully expect to get past the first game against the likely opposition of Malmo. If Torshavn turn that tie around then id expect victory even more.

For me, my expectations are:

SPL - Winners

Scottish Cup - Winners (or vice versa with the League Cup)

League Cup - Good run

Europe - Champions League Group Stages.

Brand of Football - Similar to the last 6 games of last season. Attack minded, pacey but still solid at the back.

So what is the expectations of everyone else:

SPL -

Scottish Cup -

League Cup -

Europe -

Brand of football -

An end to the constant attacks on us , a successful outcome to the HMRC case , a stabilisation of the club generally and some long term planning both playing staff wise as well as off field commercial activities.

On the field C/L qualification is vital . Winning the league and getting the lurgan bigot the boot would just be magical , cant be bothered with the cups but this is a massive season .

Getting to the group stage of the Champions League isnt going to be easy even getting past the Swedes is tough so I would be delighted to make that. I want the 3 domestic trophies! That would 100% see the end of the Lurgan Bigot. Hopefully he would be there first hand to see us win the trophies though! Expectations depend a lot on whether we get the likes of Bartley Cuellar etc overall

An end to the constant attacks on us , a successful outcome to the HMRC case , a stabilisation of the club generally and some long term planning both playing staff wise as well as off field commercial activities.

On the field C/L qualification is vital . Winning the league and getting the lurgan bigot the boot would just be magical , cant be bothered with the cups but this is a massive season .

This for me as well

I am looking forward to the start of new season and would love to see a McCoist domestic treble, however should we qualify for Group stages of Champions League I'd be inclined to play a weakened team in League Cup games and hopefully they will be good enough to progress through rounds anyway.

For me, my expectations are:

SPL - Winners

Scottish Cup - Winners

League Cup - Winners (or Ideally I'd play younger and fringe players in this Squad size permitting)

Europe - Champions League Group Stages.

Brand of Football - Attack minded football especially at home I'd like to see us go with two wide men and two main strikers when possible.

My expectations are limited this year, unless we bring in around half a dozen players. The squad is way too light to compete on 4 competitions. In all honesty, I reckon we'll finish with a cup and that's it, unless there are moves over the next few weeks. Ideally, I would like to see Ness, Hutton, Hemmings and Wylde all become key figures in the first team squad, I want John Fleck to pull his finger out, Lafferty to actually become a striker and to see a bit of flair and excitement on the pitch. Haven't been following pre-season particularly, I know Germany didn't go well, so really don't know anything of Ortiz and how he looks, but I'm hopeful of him.

Guest Dutchy

I don't think it's beyond us to get the treble next season and I would like to get to the CL proper, maybe actually qualifying as there's lots of money to be had from one last 16 game than an extended run in the Europa, roughly. Plus, another long campaign in Europe may hit our domestic chances in the league and the winners next year go straight in to CL group stages, so that must be a priority, as per normal.