Lee Wallace will join today: OFFICIAL Wallace signs five year deal

Very pleased about this news. Papac is one of the older players I've had concerns about for a while and Wallace is an excellent player. Great SPL experience for a player who's only 24. With almost 140 SPL games under his belt he must have played well over 160 first team games for Hearts in total. With him being in the Scotland squad as well I'd say this is a pretty sound investment! Thumbs up from me. icon14.png

Extremely pleased about this. Particularly as I don't rate Papac as highly as some do. I like him, and he deserved a new contract, but hopefully Wallace will prove good competition for him and give us a more attacking option on the left.

Extremely pleased about this. Particularly as I don't rate Papac as highly as some do. I like him, and he deserved a new contract, but hopefully Wallace will prove good competition for him and give us a more attacking option on the left.

If this move forces both to improve, that's one decent thing to come out of it.

As they stand I rate neither that highly. So this could push them to improve. More so in Wallace's case given his age.

Aye, I've never seen anything from Wallace to suggest he's a world beater. To be fair, same with Naismith, Whittaker, Boyd, Thomson who all (in varying degrees) made the step up to assets. We need the best homegrown talent both from the SPL and via Murray Park to give the squad the resilience and experience it needs to compete all the time in the SPL - we tend to need good genuine quality (mostly from abroad) to supplement that to ensure the best chance of winning though. I really want a quality CM and central defender. Papac's experience and Wallace's competition should ensure a weak spot in our team improves.

LEE WALLACE has completed his move from Hearts to Rangers after agreeing a 5-year deal at Ibrox and passing a medical this afternoon.

The 23-year-old left back had been the subject of long-term speculation, but that has now been ended after he put pen to paper on a deal late this afternoon.

Defender Wallace missed a chunk of last season after suffering a cruciate ligament injury on international duty with Scotland.

The five-time capped full back recovered quickly though and had appeared in the Jambos' last two pre-season outings.

Wallace's signing beats the deadline for Tuesday's Champions League third qualifying round and he will compete with Sasa Papac for the lef-back role.

The Edinburgh born player already has experience at that level having played against AEK Athens for the capital club in 2006.

More...

Edited by Zappa