Lee Wallace will join today: OFFICIAL Wallace signs five year deal

There's a picture on Facebook or the official site with Lee Wallace and ally McCoist and in the background at the govan stand looks a brilliant card display with red White and blue either side with 54 in the middle :)

LEE WALLACE admitted he thought his move to Rangers was dead.

Ibrox boss Ally McCoist captured Wallace yesterday and Alejandro Bedoya signed a pre-contract - after Hearts had originally rejected two previous offers of �£300,000 and �£1million last month.

The Jambos slapped a �£3m price tag on the player and appeared to scupper the move but the 23-year-old Scotland star signed in a �£1.5m deal just hours before the Champions League signing deadline.

Wallace, who signed a five-year deal, said: "There was a slight concern the opportunity was missed.

"I just tried to stay as positive as I could and the professional way was to get on with my job.

"I was concentrating on my side of things and getting fit for the start of the season."

Wallace revealed he got the good news in a text from agent Gary Mackay which simply read: Call me ASAP!

He said: "I have never had a message like that before and when it came I had a half feeling what it was about.

"It is a huge step up. You walk out there and see the size of the stadium knowing you are going to get 50,000 fans every second week.

"It is a great platform and obviously comes with great responsibility and huge expectations but it is a challenge which few could turn down."

Midfielder Bedoya has shaken hands on a pre-contract move from Swedish side Orebro and will arrive in January.

Earlier this week Gers had a bid rejected for the 24-year-old. Now they've secured the US international for nothing.

Gers gaffer Ally McCoist, meanwhile, still hasn't given up hope of bringing back Carlos Cuellar from Aston Villa.

St Johnstone chairman Geoff Brown, though, is ready to play hard ball after booting out a bid for Murray Davidson.

It's understood Gers offered �£150,000 rising to �£250,000 but Brown said: "It fell far short of our valuation. I am not going to say what the offer was but let's just say the time it took to respond was the time it took to type out 'no thank you'.

"If a player is regarded by a club like Rangers as being a first team squad man he must have a value. And they haven't come close to what we believe Murray is worth.

"Any club wanting Murray has to pay the going rate and certainly not what was being offered by Rangers.

"Murray will go on to bigger things but any deal would have to suit the best interests of St Johnstone."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3708624/Lee-Wallace-joy-at-Rangers-deal.html#ixzz1SmmnaJf3

THE penny finally dropped for Lee Wallace.

A night in the cells in 2009 after an incident outside a nightclub resulted in a fine of �£1,100 for breach of the peace.

It was his second conviction after being fined �£1,500 for possession of an air rifle back in 2006.

Wallace knew he couldn't continue down that rocky path and decided to knuckle down.

And he eventually reaped the rewards as he broke into the Scotland set-up.

He admits his new-found maturity has seen him avoid trouble and helped seal a �£1.5million move to Rangers.

Wallace, who turns 24 next week, said: "All the off-the-field stuff was simply due to stupidity and down to myself.

"It was a huge wake-up call for me because it affected my girlfriend and family. It was a case of knuckling down, being professional and training hard.

"The penny dropped for me a few years ago. There was a wee blip but it was about working hard and just playing consistently with Hearts."

Wallace, who has five caps, missed most of last season out with cruciate ligament damage suffered against Liechtenstein in the Euro 2012 qualifier last September.

He admitted there was a slight concern he would not pass his medical at Ibrox but now he is focusing on getting into the first team.

He said: "The international scene came along with that until the injury in September.

"But again, I worked hard and I've just done pre-season - now things have gone the way they have today."

Now Wallace will focus on trying to dislodge Sasa Papac from the left-back slot.

He added: "I am ambitious and I want to play at the highest level - I feel coming to Rangers is a huge step for me.

"I feel I can kick on even more as I am working with winners who are seasoned at doing this. I feel I will learn from the top pros here and it can only benefit me."

Ironically, he will face his former club Hearts at Ibrox on Saturday and he is hoping the Jambos support don't give him too much stick.

He said: "I hope that isn't the case. I am a pro and I'm ambitious. I want to try and progress my career."

And new Ibrox team-mate Lee McCulloch believes Gers gaffer Ally McCoist has solved three problems by capturing Wallace for Gers.

The midfielder reckons they have snapped up an international left back who can bomb up and down the park. A top class centre half strong enough to handle any big centre forward.

And also a lightning-quick left-winger who can deliver deadly balls into the box.

He said: "Lee is a very good player. He gets up and down, he has a good engine, he'll run all day for you, and he's very good with the ball.

"So I think he'll be a great signing for us and it will give everyone a lift.

"Lee's a good left back, but he can play centre half with his strength and pace.

"I could see him going in there just now.

"But I could also see him playing left wing with Sasa Papac behind him because he can put the ball into the box.

"I'd say he is like Stevie Whittaker, only on the left side. He's a big boy as well - over six feet - so he ticks all the boxes.

"To have someone able to play in so many positions is good for us. He can definitely enhance the team.

"He's three players in one."

McCulloch believes the fact Wallace is already a proven SPL star is an advantage.

He said: "I have been in squads with him and played against him and he's a nice guy, down to earth, so he'll fit in well at Rangers.

"I played with him for Scotland a few times and he knows what it's all about to play at that level."

The bookies have made Celtic favourites for the new campaign.

But McCulloch said: "I think Celtic have been favourites the last three years. It doesn't give us any extra motivation. It really doesn't bother us."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3708479/I-was-so-STUPID-now-Ive-grown-up.html#ixzz1Sn8Mbv00

The bookies have made Celtic favourites for the new campaign.

But McCulloch said: "I think Celtic have been favourites the last three years. It doesn't give us any extra motivation. It really doesn't bother us."

Understated GIRUY. Outstanding. :D