Beattie to Nottm Forest?

The former England international is available and keen for a move with new Rangers manager Ally McCoist looking to change his options up front.

The 32-year-old will be allowed to leave Ibrox, possibly on a free, even though he has a year left on his contract.

His loan at Blackpool last term was not a huge success but he joined as their form dipped.

There has been strong interest from teams in Greece and Turkey and Beattie would seriously consider a move abroad. There is also interest in him from the MLS.

It is something Beattie is willing to consider but he would first like to make one last go of re-establishing himself as a decent centre-forward in England.

Nottingham Forest have been weighing up various options. They were keen on Middlesbrough's Leroy Lita but his �£1.75m move to Swansea seems to be progressing and as they scour the market Beattie's name has cropped up as someone who could provide a physical presence and good experience.

He was a success in the Championship before with Sheffield United and believes he could rediscover that goalscoring form if Steve McClaren fancies taking a chance.

Daily Mail.

We dont want to be looking desperate to sell by asking for a small fee but 200k would be good just to repay some wasted wages.

If he signs for another football club there is hope for me to turn pro yet.

I remember some of the laughable comments I read on here last season that he just needed matches to hit form. A shame really, I was really pleased when we signed him, thought he'd be useful. His 'moment' came setting up Miller at Easter Road. Otherwise he was arguably Walter Smith's worst signing during his second spell.

I remember some of the laughable comments I read on here last season that he just needed matches to hit form. A shame really, I was really pleased when we signed him, thought he'd be useful. His 'moment' came setting up Miller at Easter Road. Otherwise he was arguably Walter Smith's worst signing during his second spell.

You've just said in one sentence you thought he'd be useful and you were really pleased when we signed him, then in the other suggesting it was laughable when people made comments that he just needed to be match fit :wtf:

You've just said in one sentence you thought he'd be useful and you were really pleased when we signed him, then in the other suggesting it was laughable when people made comments that he just needed to be match fit :wtf:

This was after about 3 games and I realised categorically he was a dud. Even after 5 games many fans were still saying he needed time. Sometimes it's pretty obvious when a player just isn't cutting it.