Whittaker has cost the club in the 2 games he played against Malmo, its not the first time this has happened he is a liability.

I blame Ally for giving in and offering him 20k a week not Whittakers fault.

Daniel Cousin was a far better player than Whittaker so no comparison really.

Firstly that wasn't a dig at you mate

I meant it in General

Whittaker let everyone down last night mate and was at fault for first leg goal but he can't be blamed for everything not one of our players outwith McGregor performed in first leg

Whittaker has been poor so far this season but he's a confidence player mate and when he's on his game contributes to the team imo a fair bit.

he does however have to give himself a wake up call now

Cousin let us down during a semi final of Uefa Cup had we went out he'd have been blamed solely for that and his was as equally as daft a sending off that's point I was trying to make, Yet when he scored against them some viewed it as him redeeming himself

Firstly that wasn't a dig at you mate

I meant it in General

Whittaker let everyone down last night mate and was at fault for first leg goal but he can't be blamed for everything not one of our players outwith McGregor performed in first leg

Whittaker has been poor so far this season but he's a confidence player mate and when he's on his game contributes to the team imo a fair bit.

he does however have to give himself a wake up call now

Cousin let us down during a semi final of Uefa Cup had we went out he'd have been blamed solely for that and his was as equally as daft a sending off that's point I was trying to make, Yet when he scored against them some viewed it as him redeeming himself

I take your points mate, Whittaker has been with us 3 years and in my oppinion hasn't improved he may be better going forward on his bambi runs and hits a couple of goals and good ones may i say, but his defending is a shambles he is not a RB look at Wallace for example his defending and positioning and look at Whittakers he gets caught out ball watching 9 out of 10 times in the Hearts game was that not Whittakers man he was picking up when they scored at ibrox. The guy should have been punted he is not good enough to play for the Glasgow Rangers.

I agree he is better suited playing further forward than at right back but I feel he deserves a chance to at least atone for his mistake.

in an ideal world we'd still have Alan Hutton as right back but can't see that coming off anytime soon.

I wouldn't go as far to say as saying he's not good enough for Rangers, but he's essentially wound himself down to "just another squad player". Now that he's got his contract, one might think that he can relax and look forward to some fine money-spinning years ahead. That would be a touch cynical. Yet, had he signed for Bursa and displayed the same form over there, he'd have some nasty people breathing down his neck.

From his showings so far, he deserves to be "rested" and Broadfoot or Ortiz taking his place on the right hand side. Both have played there and shown a will to do well. Mind you, even Edu played better out there last night than Whittaker did over these last one-and-a-quarter games.

Some people need to get real

Whittaker himself will know he has let us and his teammates down as well as Ally but he will just have to come back from this like everyone who makes a mistake does.

no one is worth �£20k a week but who can say honestly they wouldn't take it if it was offered to them ? You can't blame him for that.

I kinda can. He rejected offer after offer. He seemed to know Ally rated him highly and he and his agent squeezed the club for every penny they could get. It wasn't like the first offer was 20k and that was immediately leaped upon with glee.

We didn't see Shagger or Davis rejecting offers, only Whittaker. And Bougherra of course, but he blatantly wants to leave so ta ta.

Point is, he forced the club to offer him a king's ransom, and Ally sanctioned it.

Which is looking like a massive mistake now, as it looked to me when it happened.

Some people need to get real

Whittaker himself will know he has let us and his teammates down as well as Ally but he will just have to come back from this like everyone who makes a mistake does.

Come on, there's far more to it than that - imagine you assaulted someone from another company during a business meeting and as a result lost a �£20M contract for your company? Do you say, "Oops, my mistake" and expect that to be that?

no one is worth �£20k a week but who can say honestly they wouldn't take it if it was offered to them ? You can't blame him for that.

Again this crap. He was offered that because he threatened to leave if he didn't get it. He demanded that money and probably a lot more before he compromised. It's not like he was on 30 grand a year and Rangers benevolently said, "Here, have a million pounds a year from the fans hard earned cash, because you're such a nice guy." What are you on about?

I remember a classic example a few years back on another forum were Daniel Cousin was sent off against Fiorentina and people were sayiong get rid of him and he should never play again, then a couple of month later he scores a screamer at the phiggery and all is forgiven and same people calling for his head loved him again

we are all disappointed but it's times like this we should rally together and get behind team and Management

While there is a lot of knee jerk reaction on here, I think a lot of the opinion on Whit is based on the last couple of years, not the last game - it was just the anvil that broke the camel's back. For once, it's criticism where it is due.

We didn't see Shagger or Davis rejecting offers, only Whittaker.

We don't know if McGregor or Davis rejected offers, or how their agents negotiated. We also don't know the level of the offers made to each and how satisfactory or otherwise the offers were.

Come on, there's far more to it than that - imagine you assaulted someone from another company during a business meeting and as a result lost a �£20M contract for your company? Do you say, "Oops, my mistake" and expect that to be that?

I never excused what he did mate he was wrong in doing it I just don't agree with pinning all blame on his shoulders McGregor aside not one player showed up in first leg imo

Again this crap. He was offered that because he threatened to leave if he didn't get it. He demanded that money and probably a lot more before he compromised. It's not like he was on 30 grand a year and Rangers benevolently said, "Here, have a million pounds a year from the fans hard earned cash, because you're such a nice guy." What are you on about?

what am I on about ?

if he felt he was worth more than we were prepared to go to that should be end of it we should have said ok Steven you can leave.!

but no we came to an agreement, if your asking do I think we were right to pay him �£20k then No but at same time can't blame him for taking what was offered in the end up.

While there is a lot of knee jerk reaction on here, I think a lot of the opinion on Whit is based on the last couple of years, not the last game - it was just the anvil that broke the camel's back. For once, it's criticism where it is due.

People are entitled to their opinions mate I agree he hasn't lived up to expecations

I just don't agree with making him the scape goat it happens all too often at Ibrox when a player s lacking form and we the fans get on their backs Adam and Edu classic examples it does nothing for the players and IMO leads to more poor performances as they are terrified of making more mistakes

The only person that needs to get real is Whittaker, he obviously isn't learning the lessons because it's the same cock-ups time and time again and last night was the worst a wee tap on the ankle and he spits the dummy costing the club millions a total wanker of the highest order. Big Kirk at right back let the prima donna sit on his arse on the bench he's on it most of the time on the park anyway.

...........I just don't agree with making him the scape goat .......

So who else do we blame for complete lack of professionalism and throwing that ball last night? The club cat perhaps? Does the club have a goat? I'll stick with blaming the guy who actually did it. Seems the fairest thing all round.