Diouf really wants to come back

El-Hadji Diouf has told BBC Radio Scotland that he wants to come back to Rangers.

The Senegalese forward spent the second half of last season on loan at Ibrox but is now back at Blackburn Rovers.

Rovers boss Steve Kean says Diouf is not part of his plans for the campaign ahead, so the player is asking Ibrox boss Ally McCoist to take him back.

"I would definitely go back for him and for the fans. I don't want to play for Blackburn any more," Diouf said.

"I've got a lot of clubs contacting me just now.

"I don't want to go somewhere where I am fighting a relegation battle. I'd rather be fighting to win a title again like last year when I won with Rangers.

"It is a big team, I enjoyed winning the title and making a lot of fans happy.

"I want Rangers to win the title again this season because Coisty is a good guy."

And Diouf told Sportsound that he is unconcerned by the perceived gulf in quality between the top leagues in Scotland and England.

"I came to Scotland because of one thing: I knew Rangers were a good team.

"Celtic against Rangers is 10 times better than Liverpool against Manchester United or something like that.

"The Old Firm game is the number one game in the world. What I feel about this game I have never felt in my life. On the pitch it is like a war, but beautiful. A good war."

Diouf has been joined at Blackburn Rovers by new Scottish signing David Goodwillie, but admits he would have advised the former Dundee United striker against a move to England.

"I speak to David Goodwillie every day at the training ground," he commented.

"I tell him that if he has the chance to play for Rangers he should jump at it, because it is one of the best clubs in the world.

"I am very surprised he chose Blackburn. He's a good guy and I will do everything I can to help him."

Nice words, but you've had your time El Hadji. And didn't do a lot with it.

Clearly, Diouf's failings as a person are exaggerated by some while ignoring similar from others (e.g. Lennon or Bellamy) but all in all he didn't do enough on the pitch last season to warrant signing him this term.

You can see the lad is a decent football player but his lack of pace and the circus that surrounds him detracts from any quality he does have.

He's sort of a flair footballer of the Gazza ilk. Can do a lot with the ball, but IMHO lacks the pace of a striker these days. Technically and with regards to his awareness, he sure would add to the creativity department, possibly very useful if we need an outlet during the later stages in a game. Might be regarded as a luxury though, not a cheap one at that either. The problem will be the baggage attached to him. Undecided.

No thanks. Horrible person and an average footballer. Next!

Haver you met the guy to say these things?

Apart from his on field antics which he can't be proud of, I've heard lots of good things about him off the field.

It's obviously personal for you but I don't know how people can totally judge someone when they don't really know them or have never met them.

On his playing side he is not going to improve us but he's had nothing but good things to say about our club and I wish him all the best.