Scotland v Czech Republic

Taking our Dark Blue tinted glasses off I think a draw was probably a fair result. The Czechs dominated the first half and arguably should have had a penalty when Adam went in over the ball. The penalty they did get was never a penalty but Berra made a complete meal of the one at the other end and could have stayed on his feet as he would have been in a great position. It's just the Scottish way... yet another brave failure

Sorry to disagree with you mate you deserve to win when you break down a defence and score legitimate goals not when you get a present from the Ref. Just because you have more of the ball doesn't give you the right to win. Scotland were robbed by a wanky ref that makes blunders on a weekly basis and should not be an international referee. A FIFA puppet!

Saw both incidents in the pub tonight. Adam incident soft over exaggerated by Pat Nevin and the BBC radio team, never a yellow card never mind a red they were preaching about.

Czech far too soft a joke of an incident. Consistency is what is needed, if that CZECH incident was a penalty then Berra's one was a stonewaller.

Its all about opinions but I thought Adam was lucky to stay on the park in the first half. At first glance I thought Baros went down to easy but the replay showed Adams studs go right into his shin...silly tackle. He also had a few other late ones. What was Dalglish talking about the other day saying 'we're back'?

As Craig mentioned the Czech goalkeeper should be embarrassed, id be checking his account to see if he had a bet on Miller getting the first goal.

Was never a fan of the decision to have Levein in charge in the first place, I thought it showed a complete lack of ambition. he was maybe a bit unlucky last night night with 2 penalty decisions but he still isnt the long term manager IMO.

Agree with Pete RE Fifa though, id say they were corrupt to the core.

Also agree with Dado, in the first half especially the Czech's were far more comfortable on the ball and the difference in passing and moving was obvious.

Edited by Gribz

THE two Scotland players at the centre of the penalty incidents which cost Scotland full points against the Czech Republic both rounded on referee Kevin Blom after the devastating end to the Euro 2012 qualifier at Hampden.

Christophe Berra admitted he had "made the most of it" when fouled by Roman Hubnik in the Czech penalty box in the dying seconds of the 2-2 draw.

But the Wolves defender maintained that it was still a penalty, despite referee Blom booking him for diving.

And, controversially, Berra claimed the Dutch official had earlier told him to "f*** off".

Liverpool centre-back Danny Wilson had earlier been booked after Czech substitute Jan Rezek dived and won a spot-kick, which Michal Kadlec converted.

After the match Berra said: "The ref was never on our side. You couldn't speak to him. He talked about respect, and I tried to speak to him in a nice way but he told me to 'eff off' in my face."

Pressed on what Blom had said, Berra maintained: "Usually in the English Premier League you can have a bit of banter with the referees, and it's done with a smile on your face.

"He gave a free kick and I said 'ref, ref' and he turned round and he just went 'f*** off' right in my face.

"Don't get me wrong, I have heard that a few times before, and I don't want to get into anything bad but, if he wants respect from the players, then he has to show it as well."

And Berra maintained that the challenge on him in the box by Hubnik had been a foul and a definite penalty.

Berra said: "I was in front of him when I felt a touch. I'm not going to lie, I made the most of it, but I think anyone would have done the same in that position.

"It was a spur of the moment thing. I could maybe have went on but, when someone catches you like that, it's a penalty."

Berra was also critical of the number of free kicks awarded against himself and fellow centre-back Gary Caldwell.

"Every time the ball went up and me and Gary tried to head the ball they just stood there and didn't challenge for the ball and they got the free kicks."

The Berra incident came in stoppage time, just three minutes after Wilson was adjudged to have fouled Rezek for the penalty which gave the visitors their second and crucial equaliser.

Wilson said afterwards he was "very angry" about the spot kick as he was was adamant that he did not foul Rezek, whose dive conned referee Blom into awarding the penalty that has almost certainly put Scotland out of Euro 2012.

"I know for a fact that I did not touch the player," said Wilson.

"I got a slight touch on the ball, not a massive touch on it, but I know that I didn't touch the player, so it is very disappointing.

"I said a couple of words to the referee, I don't remember what I said exactly, but I made my point that it wasn't a penalty. It was pointless because once he had made the decision he was not going to change it, and I am afraid he got it wrong today.

"I am just disappointed for my team-mates that the penalty was given against us because I thought we were worth of the win today."

Rezek had admitted to the press that he "made the most of it" and Wilson further claimed that the Czech striker had said to him there had been no contact.

Wilson said: "When I asked him if I had touched him or the ball, he said 'you didn't touch me'.

"I feared the worst when I saw him going down because I knew that at that pace there's a chance that, if he goes down, the ref's going to give a penalty. I hoped the referee would make the right decision but it wasn't to be. I told Craig Levein that I had touched the ball and he said that was his first reaction, too. It was the reaction of everybody except the ref."

The referee booked Wilson for the "offence" and then the 19-year-old had to watch Berra being denied a penalty in similar circumstances at the other end.

"You sometimes get referees that even things up," said Wilson, "but that didn't happen today. There was much more contact on Christophe but it wasn't given."

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Scotland-2--2-Czech.6830543.jp

Usual hard luck story as I'm used to now with Scotland.

Happened in 2007 when Zambrotta dived over Hutton to earn a free kick, which led to a goal, which led to the tallies going through to Euro 2008 (albeit I bet they wish they hadn't). And here it happens exactly the same - a dive to scam a penalty.

To think I used to like the Czech team.

But yes, the referee was absolutely terrible.

Still feeling pretty gutted about this one because I think we were cheated. At the end of the day Adam didn't cheat or con anyone, he simply made a dodgy tackle, but got away with it because he stayed on his feet and won the ball. When we were winning 2-1 and that arrogant cock-munching ref awarded them a penalty for a player diving in the box without even being touched that means we were cheated. It doesn't matter if they had better possession stats and controlled the game for large spells, the bottom line is that we scored 2 ligitimate goals and they only scored one. The final score should have been 2-1.