F*ck the SNP

See the media bandwagon in full flow going by the above stories all of them saying something different but still the usual pish.

Going by the story the papers are saying that you can no longer publicly shout out against a government body without being arrested, welcome to the Nazi state of Scotland last person out turn off the lights.

Edited by GovanAllan

I intend writing to the club to object to this questionable stewarding. Clearly, I don't know the full story but as a 'reasonable person', I found the stewarding heavy-handed and inappropriate. I also found the subsequent policing unnecessarily intimidating and poorly organised.

Gone are the days of police being given OT for football games. Working at the football is now part of their working shift.

At a football game you have three categories - Cat A, Cat B and Cat C. Last nights game would've been a Cat C so there would be the minimum number of officers on duty at the game. An OF game would be Cat A. Police wouldn't want any confrontation or arrests last night due to the numbers being low. Every time someone is arrested whether it's at a football game or the street, 2 cops are immediately taken off the street to do the paperwork. So, like I said, the police wouldn't have wanted any confrontation.

Here's an example of police numbers for a Cat C game - 1 Chief Insp, 3 Insp, 10 Sgts and 35 cops. They'll be split into different sections - BR, BF, GR, GF, CR CF, EE, WE, MSF, MSR and the CD. Also to that, you have a reserve detail, segregation and the away support to think about. Where would you put your resources bearing in mind that the toilets around TBO section always have empty bottles (alsoholic and non alcoholic) and flares found in them? The rest of the stadium are the ones who sit on their hands and leave after 80 minutes.

Again, I'm not making excuses for the police but sometimes it's not the fault of the officers on duty. The police are suffering because of the cutbacks so can't send as many officers to the game as they'd either like to or need to.

As for the stewards, there's some serious issues with them. They receive no proper training, they don't know how to talk to the public correctly and as a result of this their attitudes can be shocking. From personal experience at working at games (mainly at Ibrox) we arrive at the stadium 2 hours before KO, get our orders from a senior officer, go over procedures (fire exits, emergency calls etc) and then we're told to get to our detail. While we're being briefed by a senior officer (usually a CI) the stewards are being spoken to like shit by the superiors. They're made to line-up from the top of a stand right to the bottom of the stand and each steward has to walk along the row and check the seats are working. If they don't keep in a straight line with their colleagues they're shouted at and spoken to like shite from their superiors. Until they receive proper training and until their supervisors are given proper training then the their attitudes won't change. Again, this isn't an excuse for them but the truth. I reckon a lot of people on here would also not give a fuck if they were spoken to like that from their gaffer.

Why don't they spend more time trying to catch real criminals rather than a few who sing songs, or did our fans even do that last night and do the police know when they lift fans if they are actually right in doing so? They are and will cause more trouble by doing so.

Aah, the old "why don't you catch the real criminals" line.

Id love for you or anyone to back that absurd line up with stats because in all honesty, it's absolute nonsense!

There are definately issues with the Stewarding that need to be looked into.

That's been the case for years mate. I remember being shouted at by a steward because I dropped a pie going down the stairs towards my seat from the pie stall. Fuck me, I didn't do it on purpose, I wanted to eat it, I was hungry.

Thanks for that Gav- always interesting to get an issue from a learned perspective.

I don't think anyone is under-estimating just how difficult it is for the police and stewards at football games - even low category ones like last night. As said earlier, I sympathise with them as, no matter how much we think we're all angels, there are plenty of idiots who attend matches.

However, last night was the perfect example of the issues you highlight. Ergo, during a climate where governments and politicised police forces (and their unions/federations) are seeking to criminalise fans for offensive behaviour, it is vital they ensure their actions are balanced and sensible.

This wasn't the case last night so it worries me greatly ahead of further changes to the way such matches are policed.

Aah, the old "why don't you catch the real criminals" line.

Id love for you or anyone to back that absurd line up with stats because in all honesty, it's absolute nonsense!

You must surely agree there is far too much police in the stands doing bugger all expect in many cases causing more tension and grief than is nessesary? I'm not expetcing you to agree for some reason.

The same goes on the outside of the ground, far too many doing nothing, and some talking to fans like they are some sort of god and do as I say or else attitiude.

And you don't think there is worse crimes going on outside football grounds that they could be dealing with than arresting 2 or 3 fans for singing?

You must surely agree there is far too much police in the stands doing bugger all expect in many cases causing more tension and grief than is nessesary? I'm not expetcing you to agree for some reason.

See the 3rd paragraph in post number 32.

The same goes on the outside of the ground, far too many doing nothing, and some talking to fans like they are some sort of god and do as I say or else attitiude.

Yes, there are some bad apples in the police force but show me a profession or a trade where there aren't?

And you don't think there is worse crimes going on outside football grounds that they could be dealing with than arresting 2 or 3 fans for singing?

Of course there is but there's cops there to deal with those incidents. The cops at football games are there to police the fans from an hour before KO until 2 hours after KO or vice versa (I can't remember).

Its worrying that this was all came about from a steward going into the section. This will get worse before it gets better I think. I was sitting in the Broomland Rear above the Blue Order who were great throughout yesterdays game (albeit that SNP song got quite annoying). It did seem as if the Police were a bit intimidating, I obviously couldnt tell what was going on, but by the police standing infront of the TBO they seemed to make things worse and create a hostile atmosphere. There were no offensive songs being sung from what i could hear and if it was just one individual causing problems then it couldve been dealt with better i think.

I agree with what someone earlier was saying about how they speak to people outside the stadium, like in the queue for the Subway. Some cop was shouting in peoples faces to get in against the curb when all he had to do was ask people to step into the right. Also before the game I had to go over to Ibrox to collect tickets and just outside the underground there was a guy being arrested (clearly oot his nut), sitting on the floor, in cuffs, shouting and swearing at the police as they were putting him into the van. Now the method the guy was handled in was certainly over the top. The guy was wasted and although he was being abusive, he wasnt being violent, yet the cops smacked his head purposely against the door of the van then pushed his head in a way that wouldve clearly hurt the guy. It seemed a bit heavy handed both inside and outside for me. But the Rangers fans shouldnt be doing the bouncy around them as they come to lift someone

See the 3rd paragraph in post number 32.

Cheers I didnt read that, maybe it just feels like there's police watching your every move...:)

Yes, there are some bad apples in the police force but show me a profession or a trade where there aren't?

There always is I agree but this is the 'police' we're talking about who deal directly with people and we are meant to trust. The relationship between fans and police has never been good but IMO although there will always be fans who are out of order and rightfully get what they deserve the rest of the decent fans don't get a fair deal.

Of course there is but there's cops there to deal with those incidents. The cops at football games are there to police the fans from an hour before KO until 2 hours after KO or vice versa (I can't remember).

Again I still feel there is too many police and horses about at lesser games outside, surely this must cost a bit?

They don't seem to be about when there is traffic issues or is this another dept? :fish: