Protest against BBC Scotland - Saturday 5th November

Yeah rbr, I realised my mistake just after I'd posted that. It should rightly have been the press media I was talking about.

After 7 beers, I'm too lazy to edit it.

Maybe I can get a job with the papers? lol

keevins stated on Saturday that the written press will one day wake up and realise the power they have over football , and that football needed them more than the papers need football , talk about a deluded fool , as already stated the written press is dying on its arse and if not for football , little arseholes like keevins , leckie , traynor and chico dung wouldnt be in a job

keevins stated on Saturday that the written press will one day wake up and realise the power they have over football , and that football needed them more than the papers need football , talk about a deluded fool , as already stated the written press is dying on its arse and if not for football , little arseholes like keevins , leckie , traynor and chico dung wouldnt be in a job

I don't totally agree with you as most of the real information we get comes from the press and media websites. Yes the paper versions are becoming less and less but there will always be room for these people on their websites. They do get information that we want to know and we will read.

Pete anyone can write an online piece , they certainly wont pay a journalistic wage to get it done , most online reports are written by low level staff and checked by sub editors , the days of "named reporters " especially for sport is fast coming to an end

Pete anyone can write an online piece , they certainly wont pay a journalistic wage to get it done , most online reports are written by low level staff and checked by sub editors , the days of "named reporters " especially for sport is fast coming to an end

Yes but these people do have contacts and the press will always need people to dig for information. Admittedly the face of the press is changing but there will always be journalistic reporters. There are many better writers on fans forums Frankie being one to name a name, and STV have not picked out some of the best forum writers for nothing but they just will never get the information that these people get.

Most of the info journos get is through their privalaged access. That access may well change in character over the coming years, probably before Keevins has gone. He's lived in his journo bubble most of his life and he probably just can't see, or recognize the cahnges to come.

Personally, I read about 4 or 5 diffirent stories on the same subject as well as whats posted on here, after that I can make my mind up about who spouts rot, and who doesn't. Trouble is, they all do a bit of each over their careers, so I don't think anything will change there, just the method of recieving your info. There will always be shite written.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahead of the planned protest this weekend Vanguard Bears would like to inform fans attending of the following;

*The demonstration will be in the form of a static protest; which means we do not require permission from GCC or the Police to stage this event. The Police have been informed of our intentions as per our previous BBC Protests so we can expect them to be in attendance.

*Whilst the Police will be there the protest itself will be marshalled by VB Admin & members. We ask that those attending follow any instructions issued as we will be taking our lead from the Police as to what is and isn’t permitted.

*We would encourage fans attending to bring along banners/placards or even flags to make the event as colourful as possible. Whilst we encourage hard hitting slogans to get our message across, please be mindful the Police will be there and any offensive banners/placards could result in their removal or arrest and the protest halted.

*Although it’s a static protest it doesn’t stop us voicing our displeasure at the BBC or in support of our club.

*The protest will confined to an area outside BBC HQ yet to be determined, this is so we do not stop people going about their business, and we request that anyone in attendance adheres to this.

*No chants should be aimed at people entering/leaving the BBC building nor should we hinder them doing so either.

*Please do not try to enter the BBC building - as part of the protest we will be handing in a signed letter from all the groups/RSC taking part and this should be the only time anyone from the protest will be entering the building.

*We appreciate fans enjoy a drink or two before games but please be mindful of alcohol intake prior to attending; we would also ask that anyone refrains from having alcohol on their person whilst in attendance.

*We would ask that people refrain from taking photographs of anyone attending the protest. VB will be taking pictures as will the Union Bears to be posted once we’re sure no one in attendance can be identified.

*On the above we’ve received several threats that rival fans are planning to come along to try and get pictures for the very reason mentioned above or disrupt the protest.

*If any of the above happens please do not react to the provocation as this plays into their hands. The Police are there to ensure it passes off peacefully and we in turn will ensure they do on your behalf.

*With it being bonfire night, please resist the urge to bring along any fireworks to add to the colour and noise, this is one way of giving someone an excuse to call a halt to proceedings.

Finally, we remind you that this is our 3rd protest at the BBC and the previous two passed without incident. We were commended on our handling of those events, and we ask that as many bears as possible be in attendance for approx 1:15pm when a statement will be read out before the signed letter is handed into BBC HQ.