Boycotting the BBC?

Who has actually gone through with this?

Aka - no longer watching BBC, their news, their regional news, or any radio coverage of theirs? Or any programmes on the BBC?

Where do you all stand here?

I saw one post from someone who professes to despise the BBC, yet even he was still listening to Sportsound, so what about the rest of you?

What difference is it going to make anyway????

The Beeb don't make their money from advertising, so viewing figures aren't gonna have any impact in their income. You also have to pay your TV license whether you watch/listen to anything BBC anyway - they already have your money....they're don't really care if the average person watches/listens or not!!!

I don't actually watch that much because there's nothing on worth watching most of the time. Same as Gazza if I want to watch something Iplayer does the trick. Of course usually watch Sportscene so see just how bad they can get at spotting every little thing we get up to but miss everything else from everybody else.

What difference is it going to make anyway????

The Beeb don't make their money from advertising, so viewing figures aren't gonna have any impact in their income. You also have to pay your TV license whether you watch/listen to anything BBC anyway - they already have your money....they're don't really care if the average person watches/listens or not!!!

And there in lies the the problem they are a publicly funded body who couldn't care less what the public think. Stop the tv license its outdated and make them earn a real living like everybody else.

And there in lies the the problem they are a publicly funded body who couldn't care less what the public think. Stop the tv license its outdated and make them earn a real living like everybody else.

If the bbc top brass in London see that bbc Scotland is not pulling their weight, thay'll want to know why.

That is why we turn off any of their productions.

I would also contact them about the waste of licence fee money paying the expenses of daly and his mhob jetting around the globe to make his pile of shite.

Who has actually gone through with this?

Aka - no longer watching BBC, their news, their regional news, or any radio coverage of theirs? Or any programmes on the BBC?

Where do you all stand here?

I saw one post from someone who professes to despise the BBC, yet even he was still listening to Sportsound, so what about the rest of you?

I have followed through with the boycott.... not that difficult when I dont get it out here though, other than the World Service, and I never watch that anyway !

Nah I'm not boycotting the BBC, not keen on the Scottish programming anyway and rarely watch Sportscene when its on. I use the website more but yeah, also watch F1 on it. Sometimes its hard to boycott everything on the BBC when it has 4 channels etc.