Kiddyfiddlerstreet - Reaction To Naismith Being Out

I realise there are some idiot Rangers fans but where I share the "We are the people" sentiment is in thinking we're on the whole, a cut above in such values. The spirit of William Struth comes to mind and the notion of the Rangers Family.

I see Celtic as a club that attracts and encourages those with lower values and their lack of dignity, respect and integrity is noticeable through almost everything they do on a daily basis. On that KDS site it seems every comment has hate and malice attached to it, whether it's about Naisy or the general comments which prevalently hateful spite towards those who they call, "huns".

This is not a view I just made up to hate them with, it's one that has been modelled and formed by their abhorrent behaviour over the years.

I've seen a lot of crap from some Rangers fans but to a massively lesser extent to the Tims. If we're the same as them then that will shatter my whole paradigm of how I see us. Maybe I've been sheltered on here, but I really hope it's not true.

If KDS is reflective of our country as a whole then we really have become a carbuncle of a nation. I'd really like to think it's mostly just a large and vociferous minority of THEM.

I think the key factor to this is that "we" and "them" can't really be compared at all. We're all human and we all generally have many of the same plus points and weaknesses, but when you're brought up from birth and educated to think that you're different from everyone else because of an ancient church and diaspora, ideological differences are basically bred into you. Some people are brought up to believe that everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others. (no Orwell intended)

Horrible comments. And yes - there are some Rangers supporters who are every bit as twisted - not forgetting quite a lot of other teams. It seems to be a sign of the times in this brave new internet world we've developed. I've often wondered if these comments are mainly from wee laddies using a laptop with more keys than they have brain cells. I don't know.

Point gratefully taken about Gersnet being shielded from this. That's why I'm here, and I'm glad for it.

Does seem to be a lot more about the Football and the Rangers.

Horrible comments. And yes - there are some Rangers supporters who are every bit as twisted - not forgetting quite a lot of other teams. It seems to be a sign of the times in this brave new internet world we've developed. I've often wondered if these comments are mainly from wee laddies using a laptop with more keys than they have brain cells. I don't know.

Point gratefully taken about Gersnet being shielded from this. That's why I'm here, and I'm glad for it.

Does seem to be a lot more about the Football and the Rangers.

Just to add that, that shield is brought on by the posts(Intelligence?) of the posters and not by any forced moderating.:thup:

Very relevant point pete.

Thankfully, due to the high quality of posters (yes even you Gribz :fish: ) we very, very rarely need to moderate on here. We seem to have attracted high quality people who know how to debate respectfully and also seem to be reaonable people and citizens.

Long may that continue.

I realise there are some idiot Rangers fans but where I share the "We are the people" sentiment is in thinking we're on the whole, a cut above in such values. The spirit of William Struth comes to mind and the notion of the Rangers Family.

I see Celtic as a club that attracts and encourages those with lower values and their lack of dignity, respect and integrity is noticeable through almost everything they do on a daily basis. On that KDS site it seems every comment has hate and malice attached to it, whether it's about Naisy or the general comments which prevalently hateful spite towards those who they call, "huns".

This is not a view I just made up to hate them with, it's one that has been modelled and formed by their abhorrent behaviour over the years.

I've seen a lot of crap from some Rangers fans but to a massively lesser extent to the Tims. If we're the same as them then that will shatter my whole paradigm of how I see us. Maybe I've been sheltered on here, but I really hope it's not true.

If KDS is reflective of our country as a whole then we really have become a carbuncle of a nation. I'd really like to think it's mostly just a large and vociferous minority of THEM.

We're not the same as them on many levels mate. The difference is that a huge number of them don't actually follow the football side of it, they see it as their obligation as a "good Catholic" to support ra Sellick. While I know we have many many "fans" like that it's definitely more prevalent amongst their mob. It's seen as a cultural right of passage rather than a genuine interest in the sport.

That's my view and it's there to be shot down but it's been formed over 20 years of being a Rangers supporter and working and interacting with hundreds of people from both sides. Even my Celtic supporting mate will admit that bottom feeding scum are more likely to be from his camp than ours.

What's the point in it? Their horrific attitudes will just make the Rangers fans annoyed and more pissed off.

Who cares what they think anyway?

Well the point is quite simple really,it's their thoughts on the Naismith injury.

I never intended to upset any gersnet posters so this will be the last kerryfiddlerstreet threads,even although I have been encouraged and requested to post from there by many on here,including you.

Who cares what they think anyway?,I do.