All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Have to say I'm don't know much about Grant Holt...would he be a good signing?

Big, strong, powerful, is good in the air and knows where the goal is.

Age would be my only negative point but I'd go for him with both hands. It won't happen though!

Now here's one from out of the blue (and you read it here first!) ... it looks like we are interested in VfL Wolfburg striker Patrick Helmes, according to an article in the German (rather respectable) FAZ (last sentence). Also linked are Dortmund and Hannover, will check about this later on.

He's got a decent record, but has failed (for some reason) to break into the first team and plays in their reserves these days).

... that happens when you want to be the first with any news. I think he was actually referring to Claros now, as some other report does.

Re Holt ... never expected us to sign him now. We should avoid the EPL by default. Is Billy Sharp still available?

Signed for Southampton yesterday.

Fleck was a great prospect look what happened to him. Call me cynical but I think Rangrs staff talk up some of our younger players to give the fans hope. I do like Ness, he looks a better player than Fleck so I'm hoping we keep hold of him although how long do you give a guy who doesn't stay fit?

I like Fleck and he deserved more of a chance IMO, as do more of our youngsters or what is the point in having a youth system.