All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

£10k-£12k :eek:, I hope not, might add up to £10k a week in total package of appearance bonus and such like but basic I'm not sure it would be very high about £7.5k a week.

Even if he did start with us on £7.5k or £8k p/w 3 and a half years ago, you'd think he'd have had an increase surely considering the number of games he's played for us?

Even if he did start with us on £7.5k or £8k p/w 3 and a half years ago, you'd think he'd have had an increase surely considering the number of games he's played for us?

No, I think he was on less than £7.5k a week before he joined. His basic wont change unless there was a clause for a substantial increase, but if that did happen it would have pissed off a fair number of his team mates if he was earning more than them. Plus he would have been sold if he was on that sort of high wage of £10k to £12k, didn't a English team last season look into him?

No, I think he was on less than £7.5k a week before he joined. His basic wont change unless there was a clause for a substantial increase, but if that did happen it would have pissed off a fair number of his team mates if he was earning more than them. Plus he would have been sold if he was on that sort of high wage of £10k to £12k, didn't a English team last season look into him?

I'm not exactly sure which clubs have all looked into taking him metlika.

So anyway, given that he's no doubt not one of our top earners and he's only contracted for another season after this one, why would any of us think he's worth significantly more than a million quid? Ok, so he's still only 25 and by all accounts still improving as a player, but it's not as if he's a stunning talent or anything. I said a couple of days ago that I thought getting a million for him would be decent business for us, but quite a few people seem to think we should be looking for a couple of million minimum, which I just can't understand. I can't see how he's worth much more than a million or maybe one and a half at the very very most.

Because as I said before it would be stupid business sense, to entertain bids below what we paid is financially bad and I see some people say £1m pounds and he should go, not for me. I would like to see all players go for face value if we are going to sell our players. We have invested more in the player with wages as well and just to say thanks £1m is brilliant, just no.

Accountants mind btw ;).

Mendes cost us more to buy than Edu and we sold him for just over £1m with a season and a half left on his contract (the same as Edu has left). Slightly different of course because of the age Mendes was at when we sold (sell now or get very little a year later), but we could also say that Mendes was a far better football player than Edu.

Anyway, regarding Edu, I'm almost certain that nobody will offer us what we paid for him.

Mendes cost us more to buy than Edu and we sold him for just over £1m with a season and a half left on his contract (the same as Edu has left). Slightly different of course because of the age Mendes was at when we sold (sell now or get very little a year later), but we could also say that Mendes was a far better football player than Edu.

Anyway, regarding Edu, I'm almost certain that nobody will offer us what we paid for him.

Yeah but we wanted him off the wage bill and the bank ran the show, was annoyed about the price we got though. Different circumstances with both age and and who is running us currently.

Yeah but we wanted him off the wage bill and the bank ran the show, was annoyed about the price we got though. Different circumstances with both age and and who is running us currently.

I think we got a decent price for Mendes tbh. He had been injured and when we first sold him I remember thinking the price was quite low, but I soon realised it was good business to just sell him and take the money. He didn't last long at Sporting even although he did quite well for them in Europe. He's now playing for an upper mid-table club in Portugal (VSC).

Mendes cost us more to buy than Edu

Cost about the same iirc.

and we sold him for just over £1m with a season and a half left on his contract (the same as Edu has left).

£1.5M as I remember.

Slightly different of course because of the age Mendes was at when we sold (sell now or get very little a year later), but we could also say that Mendes was a far better football player than Edu.

We could, but we'd be wrong. Mendes' best position is as DM, which is where he played for Sporting when he left us. It was a myth that he was some kind of gifted ball player with creativity in abundance. I will never understand why Walter kept playing him out of position.

We agree on this. But if Sochaux desperately want him, well, I'm sure they can offer more than the peanuts they've tried so far.