All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Typical Algerian/Moroccan sometimes walks through games but wins everything and can finish, composed and clinical. Not a great turn of pace and he likes a tackle! I'd say worth the gamble if we can afford him...(can't believe I've just typed that)

Yes indeed! Shame on you and another night beneath the stairs! :admin: ... :smokin:

I expect a mad flurry of activity on Tuesday, just before the window closes, especially if Jelavic goes.

And to date, Brozek has not signed for anyone else, although I do wonder why septic always want to chase the players we look at. I suspect they're still hurting from the Mo Johnston signing.

That may well be the case but I really don't see us getting anyone in and the window will close and we go with what we have Im afraid!

On a sidenote, the Hooped Horrors would have 34 senior players if they sign him, with 8 others loaned out. Assume 5k on average per week per nose, that would give them a neat 170k-a-week wage bill. Even if that is a touch lesser, they are loosing money rapidly ... and can just hope that Mr. Platini is satisfied with Mr. Desmond's participation*. For they will not make 8m to 9m per season with season tickets alone, I'd assume.

*Matter of fact, I hope he isn't ;-)

It's a bit out of order to bring a player half way round the world for a trial and keep him for a second week's trial if we can't even afford to offer him a wage. You can't even really say that making Claros an offer was dependent on selling Jela because ultimately selling Jela will mean we need a new striker or two, not a midfielder and Ally has now said as much himself.

Indeed Zappa and I wouldn't be surprised if the boy payed his own fare to get here :( its really getting very frustrating now and where is the Whyte investment?? As I said before fan investment is only a couple of months away and really I can see season ticket renewals being down as supporters will only take so much then snap!

Edited by Gers4Life

The crux remains that we have to keep a business-level-wise handy reserve for any managable HMRC bill. If it is 5 to 15m, Whyte may be able to handle it "himself". But to be able to do this, we need to keep the purse shut. If a possible bill is larger, well, no-one knows. Whyte will say: "Ally, I see your point, but my hands are tied right now (sic!). Use McCulloch, Ness, Hutton, McKay ... or send them on loan, so you save their wages, or hope we sell them. Only then can we - right now (sic!) - afford Claros et al. For midfield that is." For I do assume that McCoist will get some money to buy another striker, with or without Jela moving. If the Croat goes, I do expect a chunk of the moeny being spent on more than one player.

So this window has thus far yielded one player (who admittedly looked very promising yesterday) and bog all else?

I knew we had no money, but by christ surely there's a decent bosman or 6 out there.

But then, it seems we can't afford wages either.

Either way should Rangers sell jelavic there ain't enough time to get anyone in and ill still say we won't get anyone else in other than Celik!

Not the first time we've sold a star player for a fortune late on in a window. Hutton comes to mind - gave us no time to buy a replacement. Although many would argue we had a ready-made one in Whittaker waiting in the wings.