I'm with Dutchy on this one - I've never wanted to single a player out, it stops being a team game if you do. You agreed Craig Brown was absolutely out of line singling out Rickie Foster against Celtic - so why is it ok for us to single out Whittaker?

I could maybe see your point if you were talking about comments to players from fans at the match, but when we post on forums like this we're not part of the team, so I don't see anything wrong with talking about individual players and speaking our minds. If we think a player is amazing we're entitled to say so just as we are if we think he's completely shite.

I'm with Dutchy on this one - I've never wanted to single a player out, it stops being a team game if you do. You agreed Craig Brown was absolutely out of line singling out Rickie Foster against Celtic - so why is it ok for us to single out Whittaker?

Ummm, because we are FANS, not his manager. I would be disappointed if McCoist singled him out, doesnt mean he doesnt deserve it from the fans. McCoist is the public voice of the team and him singling Whittaker out shouldnt happen. We, as fans, certainly on online forums, dont have the same responsibility to massage his ego.

He was utter, utter gash yesterday. If ever there was a 12th man playing against you then it was yesterday... and it wasnt the ref against us, it was Whittaker.

More than Edu? More than Kirk at LB or CB?

Absolutely, yes.

When was the last time Broadfoot cost us a goal and nearly cost us another two... in the same game.

You are being more than selective in your reasoning here. Broadfoot is a far, far better defensive RB than Whittaker. And given Whittaker is offering next to nothing going forward then Broadfoot would be a better option. That said, my personal preference would be for McMillan to get his chance. Whittaker, right now, would be my THIRD choice RB, possibly 4th as I would even prefer to play Bartley there too.

Well I'm not going much further with this one, except it's human nature to find a scape goat. If Whittaker was to suddenly begin playing superb, you think the rest of players, the team as a whole will then be great?

I agree Whittaker is having some bad ones, but I know what he's capable of and have faith that he will come good again. In fact, I've been choosing him to score in the last few matches, and I'll take him again this week. I just wish Ally would play him more forward and against St Mirren, he may wel get the chance to get forward more.