He's been a decent servant to the club, but his pre-season contract wrangle got him in my bad books. Not that this keeps me from being objective. Then - with his new bumper deal under his belt - he essentially managed to single-handedly destroy our ambitions for the Champions' League (giving the ball away at Ibrox in the lead up to the Malmö goal), then, after going on about "we can beat Malmö", he got himself send off needlessly midway through the first half in Sweden. That was followed by a string of sub-standard performances and overall, this has not become much better. And we have mid-December now.

Of course, the whole team seems to look for some sort of form and inspiration, but as a seasoned pro (he's 27, mind you) he should at least give the 100% he has.

As has been said, there is a creeping feeling that some people in the squad will play no matter what (whether because they are favourites or on high contracts or whatnot), be that Whittaker, McCulloch, or Davis. While others, who show sparks of talent are benched or even terraced time and again, get hardly any playing time at all, be that McMillan (right back?), Cole (right back), Ortiz (right back and wing), Hemmings (striker), Fleck (creative midfield), Mckay (creative midfield), or Bedoya (right back & wing). There was hope when Ally handed Bendiksen some playing time in recent weeks, but at home against ICT, he puts Papac in the engine room and leaves Jela with virtually no real support bar a link-up player who hardly got a game before.

If these were friendlies or tests, fair enough (and Mckay did well against Liverpool), but at home against ICT, St. Mirren or St. Johnstone ...

He can't really defend, he stays well of his man who he is meant to be marking, doesn't close his man down and is usually well beaten when taken on by a player who also most of the time get their crosses into the box., he is much better going foward. He was dreadful yesterday and nearly lost us the game more than once and it's not the first time he's done that this season. Do we have better though? I would give Jordan McMillan a chance he's 23 now? and should be playing first team football and we've offered the guy a new contract I think he deserves a chance or why keep him.

All that fuss and hysteria about him knocking back contracts earlier in the season. Would've been better if he just left for Bursaspor! He gets caught out far to easily in defence and has been pish going forward too. Far, far to many mistakes!

All that fuss and hysteria about him knocking back contracts earlier in the season. Would've been better if he just left for Bursaspor! He gets caught out far to easily in defence and has been pish going forward too. Far, far to many mistakes!

And we get 3-5M this way rather than the 300k Bursa offered.

And we get 3-5M this way rather than the 300k Bursa offered.

Whittaker won't go anywhere for £3m. I'd have been happy to let Whittaker go for 300k and saved money on wages for a player who doesn't deserve what he earns (what player does though?)

He's much better in midfield than defending, but I still have faith in him and I get a bit upset that he seems to get the blame, all the time, for our poor form and other players not being up for it.

Everybody knows the mistakes he's had, but it's a team game and others have been absymal this season as well.

Still, it's the easiest think in the world to single one player out, so maybe he'd be better moving on if he's going to be attacked like this all the time.

Was that the night he actually won us a European game by producing a 60 yard run, skinning 5 players and slotting it home?

It was in Lisbon v Sporting Clube de Portugal, 10 April 2008; in my opinion THE best night of our run to the final of the UEFA Cup. Having drawn 0-0 at home and holding them to 0-0 after about 75 mins Jean Claude Darcheville slotted home from Davis and I just knew that there was no way they could put two past us in the last 15mins. Whittaker's goal in the last minute put us firmly in the semi-final. MAGIC