Enough Is Enough

Actually thought I was going to get pelters for starting this thread but the general consensus seems to be its time to start from scratch with a new management team.

The fact that this particular message board is more or less united on this particular situation is a big thing for Rangers.

What is so disappointing is the lack of planning.

It was obvious Jelavic would go, surely Whyte would say to Ally that he would do all he could to cash in on NJ. So the priority should have been a striker, not another left/right winger, how many is that we have now?

If we are downsizing and need to cut the wage bill, it must be done with foresight and planned transfers, in and out.

Hey CB, do you really think CW etc. lack planning ability !!!

They knew EXACTLY what they were doing and make no mistake..they're not as daft as you might think !!

Question is, who is going to benefit from their manoeverings.

The Club ?

Them ??

Someone yet to reveal themselves ??

It's easy enough saying "Clear out and start again" but start again with what? Start again with whom?

Rangers by and large don't sack managers and this one deserves the season to show that he is capable after all. It would be tremendously disruptive to the club to put McCoist out of a job along with his buddies Durrant, McDowall et al. Don't get me wrong I'm as unhappy with his record as anyone, going out of four tournaments and especially the way we have is not a good indicator of being able to go and win a league title but let's jsut see the season out win or lose and see where we are in May.

As the season progresses, I think it is evident that something needs to change.

The team appears very unsettled & uncomfortable. They appear to be struggling to perform the footballing basics ie. passing to a team mate. The question then is "why???" Is it connect with what's happening in training?? Is it a general team mentality - are they lacking drive or a true leader on the pitch?? Is it tactical (or lack of??).

What really struck me was the real lack of options on the bench yesterday - there didn't appear to be anyone there who could come on and allow for a change of formation, tactic or creativity.

2 left wingers (Wylde & Kerkar)

1 totally unproven striker (Little)

1 defensive midfielder (McCulloch)

Is that REALLY the most creative options that McCoist has @ his disposal???? Kerkar has been at the club for god knows how long, and how many times has he played - never mind started???

The current crop of players seem completely incapable of dominating the opposition. I believe they have the skill/talent to do so, but they appear lacking mentally and/or tactically.

I have never been one to blame the management - after all its the players that are actually on the park kicking the ball.... - but I feel that there are an awful lot of questions being asked of the entire coaching team. I think McCoist is trying to be Walter Smith (he's even got the came cardigan!!!), and doing a poor job of it. He needs to start being himself, and bring his own ideas. On the other hand, that made be just what he's doing....

For me I think a manager should be given time while he's within touching distance of the league title. Although I do think Ally has now lost the confidence of the support, especially with regards to turning round the downward spiral we've had for the last few months.

But then again it seems funny that many wanted to give PLG more time when he had no chance of winning the league and Ally is certainly doing better domestically than the Frenchman - at least in the main competition. A second difference is that McCoist also seems to have the stomach for it and be up for the fight whereas PLG had no will or backbone to speak of.

I was still behind McCoist until this result which due to the manner of it, has given me huge doubts that he has what it takes to be a successful Rangers manager. He did magnificently in the league while everything in the squad was rosy but it seems he's incapable of getting the team working in an effective manner when the chips are down - that was something Walter excelled at and deserved a lot more recognition for.

Ally has had his hands tied and been handicapped all the way, with the injuries to Naismith and Lafferty and Jelavic being sold severely limiting his options; however, most people would still expect slightly more from the squad he has left against teams who were not blessed with such talent to start with - or the supposed talents that our manager still has at his disposal.

While we shouldn't be expecting to steam-roller over the likes of Dundee Utd, you'd expect any loss to be one where we showed a better quality of game than the opposition and showed determination to overcome our problems and at least grind out a result - and so if we lose it should at least be a hard luck story. But then if the team are playing like we expect them, the number of hard luck stories should still be rarer. The frequency of bad results and the manner of them suggests that the management don't have the adaptability that is needed to gain the consistency of results required at Rangers.

We need a manager who can steer us through these difficult times and I think everyone is starting to come to the conclusion that Ally's not up to the job. However, the question is, who is? The only person I can think of is Walter Smith but he's now out of the equation.

While Ally's coat is on a very shoogly hook, I still think he should be given one last chance to redeem himself - but the only way to do so now, would be to win the league. I usually forgive managers for not winning the title but only if they compete well in the championship race and also in other competitions. When they fail everywhere and in most cases pretty abysmally, they leave nothing to suggest they can do a long term job.

I think the tide is turning strongly against our current gaffer and if he wants to continue, he needs to show what he's made of - he may have many problems out-with his control but we need someone who is able to cope somewhat with that.

I think the fans should get behind Ally as well, but yesterdays attendance says thats not happening. CW doesn't seem to be doing anything to help him either and I doubt anyone could do anything to turn it around given the state we're presently in and the potential of being in a worse state soon.

If Ally does go, I'd ask for Jimmy Calderwood to come in. He's got a good knowledge and contacts in the game and has his teams playing exciting football. Even if we're set for a period of gloom, it would be nice to see the team trying to win games.

With Whitaker, broadfoot and lafferty due to come in and at leist try to get this squad going again! I may be out of line here, but should we continue to under perform bus loads of fans will gather on Murray park to spook these players into performing!

I'd like to know who's decision it was to offload so many players in January. If it wasn't Ally's decision, then that's something he can't be blamed for, but if it WAS Ally's decision to offload so many players like Fleck, Hutton & McMillan who could easily come in and do a good job for us, then this is something else that he deserves critisized for because those 3 players alone would give the squad a lot of extra depth (even although they're a little inexperienced) and options for rotation.