Thoughts on Mervan Celik?

Lad looked like he had no confidence and was well short of sharpness.

I can understand why the manager started him as the opposite was true after the Hibs game. Quite simply the team has next to no confidence and certainly no leadership qualities from enough players.

Hard to judge any new player to be honest when all the seasoned Rangers players around him are playing mince at the same time. Takes time to settle and all that. Makes you wonder what needs to happen before we see the likes of Bedoya/McKay get a game, I mean they can't do any worse than what we have in the team currently surely.

Makes you wonder what needs to happen before we see the likes of Bedoya/McKay get a game,

Hell freezing over springs to mind!!!

The thing that really gets me is the constant references to a small squad, and not having options hence playing folk out of position. However, when you look at the squad (30 players according to Mr Whyte), there is options and cover - it just appear that McCoist doesn't want to play a good number of them. Opting instead to play favoured folk out of position.

As for Celik, I think he needs a few games to get sharpness/fitness etc sorted out. You could see him trying a few wee tricks etc here and there, unfortunately none of them came off. As for position....I was under the impression that at his last club, he was playing a central role, just behind the striker and bagged himself a few goals....

It's a bit unfair to judge Celik at this stage

he has played at most 70 minuntes for us in his two appearances and hasn't played much in last few months

I think it will take the boy time to settle in and adapt to our game whether he gets that time or not is another matter I just hope he doesn't end up frozen out like McKay or Bedoya

Couldn't understand why Celik didn't play up behind Healy (which is position he's supposed to be good at) and Aluko didn't stay on right wing where he has been playing well recently. All that meant was that Bartley was given no protection (and he bloody needs it) as Celik was trying to get used to playing in a completely alien postion for him and we had a forward line that were like dwarves compared to the United defence.

In one match when the team was 'flying' he came on and looked like the ghost of Laudrup - running at defenders with pace, beating one or two...

After a shite week where a cloud started to hang over the club following the window, he looked a completely different player.

Couldn't pass, couldn't run with the ball, couldn't beat a man. He's 21 and learning the game, and we've seen 2 sides to his ability.

I honestly don't get the clamour for Bedoya to play, when he has come on or he's offered nothing and is terrified of a tackle. McKay I do understand to be fair because he does look neat and tidy and seems to be able to keep the ball. Maybe his physical stature is working against him? He is the height of nonsense after all.