Dave King removed from the board of directors

Guy on Twitter makes the valid point of Whyte clearing the decks to he can address administration more easily. Fair enough but that would infer admin is inevitable which Whyte is constantly at pains to deny.

The club is really struggling under the weight of uncertainty. We need to know HMRC outcome asap.

It's one less person to give advice to Whyte and one less person to question him on what he is doing, which can only make the club weaker.

He has admitted that he has made mistakes in the running of the club. As such, he should accept that he isn't fautless and strengthen the board with people who can give him advice, particularly with people that have a lot more experience than he has.

maybe he has someone lined up?

Guy on Twitter makes the valid point of Whyte clearing the decks to he can address administration more easily. Fair enough but that would infer admin is inevitable which Whyte is constantly at pains to deny.

The club is really struggling under the weight of uncertainty. We need to know HMRC outcome asap.

I honestly feel that the tax case isn't the issue now and that we're heading for admin regardless of the outcome. I've convinced myself of it:(

Guy on Twitter makes the valid point of Whyte clearing the decks to he can address administration more easily.

That was my thought as well.

maybe he has someone lined up?

Hopefully, although no reason why he can't get him (or them) on now. It could easily be done today.

More recently I was wondering whether the quitting of Greig and McLelland might have indeed to do with not liking Whyte as a person. Be that personality, age, or business dealings so far. Just wondering.

As for King, he's got more taxmen running after him that we have an average home support ... and for years. While he sure can give advice on that, his whole role at the club appeared to have been minimal. We do not know by now whom Whyte wants to be near to him, nor do we know the exact reasons why King left. Might put that question to him via the RST this week though.

Is there not any kind of obligation to have King on the board considering the share-holding he has?

Shouldnt be. The Board need not even be shareholders, unless we have different rules in place from the norm.

CW clearing the decks is my take on things too. Also ties in with no significant player purchases (only loans) and a few other things such as the AGM being continually postponed A ten point deduction in this season (quick in and quick out) would also still leave us second placed and still in with a shout of the CL next season. Far better to have admin this season than next.

Might be wrong but everything I'm seeing points to admin.

I would hope that post admin would bring in some professional board members, but the jury's out as far as this Bear is concerned.

Edited by bluebear54

I don't think that is particularly healthy and the lack of talent on the board is a real concern.

Not just talent, but feet in the right places. McClelland for example held a relatively senior position in powerful European circles.

Not just talent, but feet in the right places. McClelland for example held a relatively senior position in powerful European circles.

We need some guys on our board who have good a working knowledge and contact's within SFA/SPL. To fight a rear guard action initially, before eventually going on the counter attack on Liewell and his puppets.