Gersnet to cease?

All we need to do is get through the brane, but do we have the brains to stop at the correct 'verse, we could end in in one where Rangers are have not won the most titles in the world.

Well in that other world anyway.

All we need to do is get through the brane, but do we have the brains to stop at the correct 'verse, we could end in in one where Rangers are have not won the most titles in the world.

Well in that other world anyway.

In this world, Sky News just referred (and quite correctlly) to us as being the "most titled club in the world."

I'd like to see that remain as fact in the parallell universe that I think I'm living in.

In this world, Sky News just referred (and quite correctlly) to us as being the "most titled club in the world."

I'd like to see that remain as fact in the parallell universe that I think I'm living in.

What happens with that does a CVA wipe all our history and we start again.

What happens with that does a CVA wipe all our history and we start again.

I think that if we are liquidated although the Company name changes, the name registered for the team remains the same. On that logic I'd assume our titles are still our own.

No one has any problem treating the trophies won before 1899 when the Limited Company was incorporated as belonging to Rangers when they were won by Rangers Football Club, which legally speaking was a different legal entity from the Limited Company which took over from it. If the Limited Company is Liquidated and a successor Company takes over the business and carries on the Rangers name, I don't see why titles won by the old Limited Company like those won by the original club shouldn't belong to the new Limited Company.

I would say it's all very notional as in time the players change, the fans change and the owners change. The ascribed continuity is fairly notional.

The interdepartmental team I played for was basically the A team for my department and in twenty odd years we had won the annual 6-a-side competition three times and been runners up four times. However, a few of years ago the guy who ran it lost interest without telling anyone and left everything so late that we lost most of our players to two other and better organised teams, who were basically the B team and a new C team.

I tried to pick up the mantle and recruited what players I could and we were just good enough to get to the quarter final - after a six year run where we won it once, were runners up twice and unlucky, losing semi-finalists twice. However, the new C team were ironically now the best team in the department and ended up runners up.

The next year I had a broken leg and no-one else wanted to run the "A" team and so it folded. I tried to get the "C" team to take over the name to keep the continuity and history but they weren't interested. They went on to win the comp twice in a row.

To me it's a shame as they represent the same department but the "history" is lost and instead of five times winners, they only have two - with the biggest rivals, who have kept their continuity, being 8 times winners.

But as the new team have no real connection to teams of past decades they didn't really care about it. So when you look at the history it's pretty notional and it's significance depends on your point of view.