BREAKING: Craig Whyte Statement

They have promised to publish a full report as soon as possible and I very much welcome that. In spite of the endless speculation and attempts at character assassination by certain sections of the media, I am 100% confident that the administrators' report will prove that every penny that has come in and gone out of Rangers has been properly accounted for. And I wish to state categorically for the record now that I personally have not taken a single penny out of Rangers since I became chairman and have paid all my expenses from my own funds.

Today I learned that my predecessor, Alastair Johnston, has urged the Crown Office to order an investigation into my takeover of the club. Again, I have absolutely nothing to fear because any fair investigation will prove that I have always acted in the best interests of Rangers and been involved in no criminal wrong-doing whatsoever.

The above to me is really interesting. I know Whyte won no friends by trying to skim £4mil off the ticketus total by saying it was nearer £20mil, but he does have a point.

Certain media outlets have done real hatchet jobs on Whyte and thrown their support behind Paul Murray etc. It's well known that Whyte is not a media personality or comfortable with interviews which might be part of the issue.

If he's a patsy, surely to God he knew how much this would destroy him as a credible businessman? Who would do business with the man who (hopefully no further) 'nearly' killed Rangers?

The way its going, he could be proved to be a very credible businessman depending on what you're looking for him to do - i.e. if he has structured this whole thing to protect the business, get it debt free and then have funds available to put back in. For some people credible doesn't have to equal moral.

Although there is also the thing that he may not need to do much more business if money isn't a real problem for him either through his past businesses or what happens as a direct result of the Rangers stuff.

All just pure speculation, but I don't think there's any way someone like him could be as stupid and naive in the running of a club if they've also managed to fool SDM and his team of lawyers and accountants when it came to proving he knew what he was doing in the first place.

Addition to the statement, on STV site now:

Meanwhile, Mr Whyte’s representatives said on Friday that a writ had been served on the BBC over a documentary and subsequent reports he had carried on the Rangers owner.

The action is over claims made in a documentary broadcast last October, as well as more recent reports by the corporation on Mr Whyte’s business history.

A BBC Scotland spokesman said: "We can confirm we have received a writ from Mr Whyte. We stand by our journalism, all of the allegations made, and will defend any action vigorously."

There is just so much news! Apparently the SFA are now investigating Rangers/Whyte, suggesting Whyte's lawyer obstructed their 'fit & proper' investigation initially.

If true, what the hell were the SFA playing at then? Allowing it to continue?

There is just so much news! Apparently the SFA are now investigating Rangers/Whyte, suggesting Whyte's lawyer obstructed their 'fit & proper' investigation initially.

I think this has been on the cards the second we applied for administration

Yeah I was thinking that as well, if they could not conclude the fit and proper investigation with the satisfied criteria why was this deal allowed to go ahead? Did they just decide to sweep it under the carpet after getting the brush off from the solicitors and only decided to look into it again when it has all gone tits up?

The more I read, the more I think he is the patsy/fall guy for this whole thing

I'm not 100% convinced about the patsy/fall guy thing....however, I do find it very credible.

I believe he may have spotted an ideal opportunity (primarily for himself)....buy the club cheap, put into admin, get it cleaned up, then sell for a profit.

More on STV:

"The Scottish FA’s previous efforts in obtaining information relevant to the fit and proper person requirement has been restricted by the club's solicitors' continued failure to share information in a timely or detailed manner."

AND

STV understands Rangers officials had been advised by Strathclyde Police that the owner should not attend Saturday’s SPL match over security concerns. The police force refused to comment on the issue.

Does no one make morning statements? :P

Interesting day.

After the Sellik PR machine covers Lennon's wee hairy bahookey, we now find the SFA doing their own bit of arse-covering.

Someone there has raised the issue of serious repercussions if they were seen not to have done their job (IMO) - which incidentally, again IMO, they haven't anyway.

All fun and games and a lot to pan out yet.