Dismayed by some of my fellow "fans".

As a lifelong Rangers fan I have to admit I write this thread with a heavy heart. Over the last few weeks that I have been rather dismayed some of the recent reactionary online reaction by some of my fellow Rangers "fans". When I joined this forum I was happy to see a balance to the admin and a decent platform for varying views as I personally found the exact opposite on other more "prominent" forums (Rangers Media and Follow Follow). When I registered on here I also metioned that I was banned from the Rangers Media site as I dared to question Ally's selections and that I wasn't fussed about The Royal Family..??!! I was immediately tarred as a "tarrier" in a Crucible like juvenile witch hunt.

Anyway...I found it all very bizarre considering the level of hate and extreme views shown in other posts. Over the last few weeks there have been posts on these forums along the lines of "The Menu When Lennon Dies", "We Should Bring The Orange stripe back to raise money", "Sash Bash" etc. I also sense a growing sense of paranoia among many of these fans regarding the press, the government, the SFA, the church etc. etc. I'm all for a bit of football banter but this is just plain stupid IMO. This is what does my head in. In a time when our great club is on the brink of existence and each day brings another worrying story about our recent past these guys feel that this is the best way to support the club? If I was a neutral and I stumbled upon those sites and wanted to get a wee picture of what is going on at Rangers at the moment and maybe gauge the feeling of the fans I would be utterly appalled by some of these posts.

Do these guys actually feel like they speak for all Rangers fans?? Well not in my name

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

I think most forums have disclaimers because with such huge numbers of people it is inevitable that a few different (and perhaps extreme) views are aired.

It's the sane if you enter any workplace, school, uni or pub. I don't think it's a big deal to be honest - its easy enough to pick and choose what thread (and indeed forum) you use.

I think most forums have disclaimers because with such huge numbers of people it is inevitable that a few different (and perhaps extreme) views are aired.

It's the sane if you enter any workplace, school, uni or pub. I don't think it's a big deal to be honest - its easy enough to pick and choose what thread (and indeed forum) you use.

I fully understand that Frankie but these are not minority views on these sites IMO.

Welcome to Gersnet :D

Unfortunately there is a great deal of raw emotion presently and people are just venting their spleens due to the implosion we have seen. It happens in all walks of life sadly but something to cringe about nonetheless.

All public Rangers forums are on a hightened state of alert at the moment because when we went into administration there was a huge surge in the number of Celtic fans joining the boards to take the piss, cause trouble and most worryingly, to try to divide the support on various issues at a time when Gers fans need to stick together as one.

Unfortunately there is a large and growing underclass in this country and some of them support Rangers, there's no getting away from it. I wouldn't worry about it Max. I couldn't care less about the Monarchy, Northern Ireland or The Orange Order and to some that makes me less of a Rangers fan than them but they couldn't be more wrong. This is why I wouldn't contemplate frequenting ANY other Rangers forum.

Unfortunately there is a large and growing underclass in this country and some of them support Rangers, there's no getting away from it. I wouldn't worry about it Max. I couldn't care less about the Monarchy, Northern Ireland or The Orange Order and to some that makes me less of a Rangers fan than them but they couldn't be more wrong. This is why I wouldn't contemplate frequenting ANY other Rangers forum.

I could reply in depth, but it's much easier to just agree 100% with this.

Well, I would pump Kate Middleton, does that class as an interest in the monarchy?

For me it's open warfare against the 'Scum (and i use that word advisedly) they hate our heritage, hate our country, hate our club. They support terrorism and rejoice in the death of our service men and women. Nothing of which has anything to do with football, but they are not a normal football club. They are a Republican terrorist political movement that just happens to play football and just happen to be our biggest rivals. Some of the Bears can ignore their hatred and naked bigoted sectarianism directed towards our community and football club. I choose to give as good as i get from them and "fight them everywhere" not because they are of the Roman Catholic faith but because they are Fenian B@stards. IE the true meaning of the word, Republican terrorist sympathisers and activist.

tbh you're basically condemning the content of ff and rm. Which isn't new, they're poor forums. Badly moderated and run. And this is MY opinion which i am entitled to.

As Frankie says moderating on the busier forums is slightly different than moderating on here but it amazes me that you can get banned for giving a normal honest opinion.

To be honest we only hear one side of the story but we hear the same story time and again which seems to add up.