Rangers squad reject request to play rest of season without pay

We can't offer anybody new contracts though,can we?

I dont believe so Ian. But they could have a gentleman's agreement. Even if not, though, Aluko wont be a high earner I wouldnt have thought, and we still need to be competitive - so he should stay. And if we get out of admin by season's end then they could offer him a new contract (obviously Aluo would be at liberty to go wherever he lies though, sadly).

Whatever you mean, I am sure you can find a way to express your concerns about the story in a less offensive way.

Two of our first team players are of Nigerian decent.

It is probably too early in the morning, but Aluko aside, whom do you mean?

The players have an opportunity to write themselves into Rangers folklore if they were to accept such terms.

I would hope that those who choose to help the Club, and our non playing staff, will be rewarded at a future date once the dust has settled and we are on a more stable financial footing.

It seems that the amount needing cut is growing more and more by the day. I must say I would have been pretty shocked if the deal to play for free had been accepted. Although we know the players who would consider doing it, there are some who are just here for a job. Also, of course some are cynical about footballers, but some at the lower end of the scale like the younger boys, really are on a low wage and probably would struggle without a wage at all.

Hoping for damage limitation today, but can't help but fear for quite a cull.

Super Ally and Jig have told administrators they'll play for the rest of tbe season without pay.

I am not surprised by either to be honest. But is still a tremendous gesture from them.

For all the abuse Jig gets he really IS one of us. He has been a good servant to us and is continuing to show it if this is the case.

Has Ally signed a player contract - might be in the starting line up at the weekend.... :fish:

Tomorrow will be hard for the players surely. I know it's apparent no agreement has been reached but that doesn't seem to be a "good" thing :/

Might be to the contrary Mazza.... it could be that they are close to what is needed to prevent mass reductions in personnel. If they were miles apart in the shortfall amount then one would think that no amount of reduced salary would make a difference.

This is one of those situations where we simply have no idea if the delay is good OR bad.

Optimistic loyal :rfc: :spl: