Celtic manager Neil Lennon upset by cup final penalty denial

It WAS a penalty but the Celtic fans I know are saying that they shouldn't have needed a penalty in the last minute of time added on.

Agreed; total lack of class by Lennon and not of the first time. "Kilmarnock can count themselves pretty fortunate that they've won the game. And maybe that's down to a lot of luck on their part and poor finishing from us. "

Kilmarnock played well and took their chance when it came. In addititon they had an outstanding goalkeeper. They won the Cup, good luck to them.

If Stokes had bothered to do his job properly he was pretty much by Cammy Bell and just needed to slot it by him rather than take a dive from an angle I've seen, but yeah Stokes has previous....

Cammy Bell, from the limited footage I have seen, played an absolute blinder. I disagree with comments such as "Kilmarnock can count themselves pretty fortunate", when it was the fact that their goalkeeper was doing his job and being an absolute stand out that kept their hopes alive. That's not being fortunate, in fact I'd argue that Celtic would have been fortunate to score against him today.

@BH & @Metlika:

Lennon has made comments like this over & over again. Even after the dust was settled from last seasons pantomine he still carried on have digs at ref's, linesmans, players, managers, ball boys, drink bottles.. He was reprimanded several times last season, but this season he seems untouchable. Undignified, sore-loser, imo ofc.

Guest Dutchy

Even if they were awarded a penalty, who's to say they would have scored. If they had scored, it would then only then be a draw and extra time, who's to say Killie woundn't have scored a second?

The authorities need to look into this type of behaviour from managers, and this one in particular.

It wasn't a penalty! Never in a million years. It was just another striker in desperation looking to save the day, what a pathetic effort that was from stokes.

He done the 'bend both knees, and put both arms up' simulation badly, simples.

Some players have a knack of conning the ref and 'winning' penalties, stokes was very easily identifiable and it was a pretty dire effort. Well done to the ref for taking it in his stride. YeeeeeHaaaaaa.