'McCulloch Is A Terrible Player'

I've never said he's a terrible player, just that his body can't do what the mind wants anymore. Saying that he rolled back the clock yesterday just as the clock rolled forward.

Outstanding up front won every ball played up to him and gave the Septic defence a torrid time oh for this every week Lee, but I will take yesterday's just the same.

TBH, I think much of the criticism of Lee McCulloch was more to do with where he was playing TBH rather than a total slamming of his ability. IMO we lack any dynamism when we play with such a one dimensional holding midfielder like McCulloch and the 50 odd minutes that young McCabe played yesterday showed what can be done with a player that can whip the ball forward with speed. McCulloch was bought as a left sided attacker/striker and somehow was crow barred into this horrible "holding" role. God knows why? Maybe his lack of pace?

Anyway...fair play to the big guy. In a time of hardship for our club he's done well. I am not his greatest fan but he has bust a gut for the cause and at the same time has ruffled a few feathers when playing as a striker