What did Lennon do?

NEIL LENNON last night hit out after Ibrox security chiefs told him he couldn’t watch from the stand and declared: “That sums up this country.”

The Celtic boss was also furious with ref Calum Murray who sent off Cha Du-Ri and Victor Wanyama as well as Lennon in a highly-charged clash that saw the Hoops fail to throw the title party their fans were expecting.

Goals from Sone Aluko, Andy Little and Lee Wallace ensured Celtic won’t be able to celebrate championship glory for another weekend at least.

But Lennon’s biggest gripe centred on what happened off the pitch.

The Irishman revealed he was warned not to watch the second half from the directors’ box over fears for his safety in case it sparked mayhem among the home fans. He instead had to watch on TV in the stadium’s media room.

Lennon said: “I would’ve sat in the stand but I was told by Rangers’ security people that wasn’t a good idea.

“That sums up this country.”

Lennon was also furious with Murray for ordering him from the dugout in the first place – branding the decision a joke.

He insists all he did was ask for an explanation for Cha’s red card. Lennon said: “Cha didn’t deserve to go off. The second red card was borderline and my ordering off is a joke.

“I was warned after complaining in the first half but when I spoke to the ref at half-time I didn’t swear or point any fingers. I spoke quietly and I’ve witnesses who can back that up.

“But I was told I couldn’t come out for the second half and that meant I couldn’t do my job properly.

“I did my team talk and then had to watch the match from the press room – and this is the biggest game of the season.

“I might as well have been in the house watching on TV for all the good I was to my players. They’re disappointed and so are my staff.

“I’m taking nothing away from Rangers, who were everything I expected them to be, but the day has been soured for me. I was denied the chance to do my job properly when my team needed me most.”

Lennon is braced for being hauled up before SFA enforcer Vincent Lunny. He added: “Why is it you can’t be seen or heard to criticise referees in any way?

“I didn’t deserve to be sent off and neither did my players. And it isn’t the first time we’ve had men sent off for little or nothing at Ibrox.

“If I’ve to appear before the SFA then I look forward to speaking to the compliance officer. I’m taking nothing away from Rangers but we weren’t allowed to be at our best.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/03/26/celtic-boss-neil-lennon-security-told-me-i-couldn-t-watch-from-ibrox-stand-that-sums-up-this-country-86908-23801741/

Lifted from FF

from a girl in work (bluenose) whose friend was working for Sky in the tunnel area yesterday

going up the tunnel Lennons comment was "haw ref, I hope you are going to do your fucking job in the second half" to which Murray replied "Mr Lennon, you will have to watch the second half in the stand".

At this the security said "no he wont" and it was off to the media room for TLB

And what has Ally to say about the ref ...

Referee Calum Murray, subject of severe criticism from Celtic manager Lennon, received qualified backing from McCoist for his performance.

â??The game has changed and the problem is that we are needing to change with it,â? he added. â??There is no such thing as a foul these days. It is either a yellow or a red card. The ref is only applying the laws the way he sees it.

â??Did he (Cha) prevent a scoring opportunity? Yes, probably. Is it a soft sending off? Probably. Did Wanyama do a two-footed tackle? Probably. Did he set out to harm the player? Definitely not in my opinion. The referee will probably say Bocanegra is the last man preventing a goalscoring opportunity and heâ??s probably right.

â??So the referee certainly has a case to say heâ??s got every decision right. But the reason managers and coaches get a little bit upset is because the game has definitely changed, and in my opinion not for the better. Itâ??s difficult now just to see a free-kick because it tends to be a yellow card or a red card involved. I donâ??t think thatâ??s good for the game.â?

About a light-year and a half away in stature and dignity.

After the second sending off, Lawwell and Reid were seen disappearing very quickly out off the director's box in the direction of the Rangers media room where Lennon was watching the second half on the TV after being sent off after being humiliatingly being unable to control his temper yet again.

I wonder what damager TLB was causing that it needed the likes of Lawwell to calm him down? :whistling:

I think we have answer? Liewell and Reid got to Lennon to get their lies in early "Lennon was advised it was unsafe to go to the directors box"

Three very shady characters with a penchant for lying.

Reference the Lurgan Bigot being unable to take a seat in the stand because of fears for his safety. From memory, Lennon has attended Ibrox at least twice this season to take in a game. He sat in the stand/Directors Box without interference. Thus, who advised yellow teeth to NOT sit in the stand, his minders or the Police?

Question to yesterday's Match Commander, can you provide adequate security for drama queen, Neil Lennon?