SFA Ruling: Lifetime ban for Whyte; RFC signing ban for 1 year

Rangers should inform the SFA that we will not be competing in the Scottish cup next season and a decision on the season after 2012/13 will be made prior to season 2013/14 kicking off. Let's see how sponsors and the TV companies react to a Scottish cup with no possibility for an Old Firm game.

Instead on Scottish cup weekends next season Rangers should organise friendly matches and we should pack Ibrox.

Its time to stop talking about boycotts and act.

That's more of a possible but again would we be shooting ourselves in the football boot?

I don't see the news being better when the SPL have their say. I sense that they're going to hammer us too.

What I find is the the total injustice of it all. A parallel is like being in a traffic accident in which you are accused of being at fault. You're lying in a coma, you are charged, the court find you guilty, and you are sentenced - all before you come out of the coma.

It stinks to me of opportunism by the other clubs. A chance to put to rights their frustration at our preeminence since football began in Scotland.

However, they're grossly misguided. The fallout of this will at the very least seriously debilitate Scottish football for generations - at most, it will destroy it.

No matter what the outcome, I think at the very least, they should have waited until we had owners who were in place to defend us.

Guest Xander1873
That's more of a possible but again would we be shooting ourselves in the football boot?

How much money do we make from the Scottish cup and how much money could we make from playing four or five friendlies all at Ibrox and without a 50/50 share of gate receipts.

So does my second question stand do we need to resign the whole squad or does the Miller plan just buy their current contract.

The players have contracts with RFC plc nobody can transfer those contracts without the players permission, so Miller couldn't effectively employ them regardless of the transfer ban though I think that ban would be the final nail in the coffin anyway.

How much money do we make from the Scottish cup and how much money could we make from playing four or five friendlies all at Ibrox and without a 50/50 share of gate receipts.

You would need to pay big guarantees to bring top teams to Ibrox and who would be available on cup weekends mid season?

Probably you would have to reduce prices as well because they would only friendlies and given that European home games usually only draw just over 30,000 how many would turn up for friendlies?

Not saying it wouldn't work but it is by no means a no brainer.

Lastly if we are penalised points by the SPL or playing in the SFL, would you not want to have a chance of winning the Scottish Cup?

Personally, I gave up Sky and ESPN when this started. I recently wrote to them giving my reasons.

Perhaps others would see fit to do the same.

There are more powerful forces than the SFA and the SPL. Those forces invariably start with a pound sign.

Personally, I gave up Sky and ESPN when this started. I recently wrote to them giving my reasons.

There are more powerful forces than the SFA and the SPL. Those forces invariably start with a pound sign.

A suggestion like that might well have legs.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting for the new Sky deal.

You would need to pay big guarantees to bring top teams to Ibrox and who would be available on cup weekends mid season?

Probably you would have to reduce prices as well because they would only friendlies and given that European home games usually only draw just over 30,000 how many would turn up for friendlies?

Not saying it wouldn't work but it is by no means a no brainer.

Lastly if we are penalised points by the SPL or playing in the SFL, would you not want to have a chance of winning the Scottish Cup?

Personally I don't want to and won't be crossing the threshold of any ground apart from Ibrox, no other team will have my money subsidise them.