SFA Ruling: Lifetime ban for Whyte; RFC signing ban for 1 year

Guest Xander1873
You would need to pay big guarantees to bring top teams to Ibrox and who would be available on cup weekends mid season?

Probably you would have to reduce prices as well because they would only friendlies and given that European home games usually only draw just over 30,000 how many would turn up for friendlies?

Not saying it wouldn't work but it is by no means a no brainer.

Lastly if we are penalised points by the SPL or playing in the SFL, would you not want to have a chance of winning the Scottish Cup?

You think that once the SPL and any other SFA panels get through with us, we will be in a position to win anything. As for the friendlies it would be down to the support to step up and back the club, prices can be set at £10 for adults and £5 for children, we had a crowd of 47,000 for a legends match on a week night. We have relationships with other clubs outside of Scottish football and although a percentage of income from each game would go to the visiting club, I've no doubt that we could negotiate it below a 50/50 split.

We are also lucky to get a home game in the Scottish cup, we could have four or five friendly home games. I understand other clubs schedules will come into it but this can be organised well in advance and so long as the support remember why we are doing this and back the club it can be a success. We don't need the superstars of world football to turn up and play against us, the important thing will be going to see Rangers.

If this statement is true (history may suggest otherwise though) then surely both would have to resign because this was the month after Mark Dalys' BBC documentary exposed Whyte in front of the world.

"Stewart Regan (chief executive) and Campbell Ogilvie (president) had dinner with me in November they told me it wouldn't be a problem.

If this statement is true (history may suggest otherwise though) then surely both would have to resign because this was the month after Mark Dalys' BBC documentary exposed Whyte in front of the world.

FS - you should know by now.

I seriously wouldn't believe CW if he said that the Moon went round the Earth.

I don't see the news being better when the SPL have their say. I sense that they're going to hammer us too.

What I find is the the total injustice of it all. A parallel is like being in a traffic accident in which you are accused of being at fault. You're lying in a coma, you are charged, the court find you guilty, and you are sentenced - all before you come out of the coma.

It stinks to me of opportunism by the other clubs. A chance to put to rights their frustration at our preeminence since football began in Scotland.

However, they're grossly misguided. The fallout of this will at the very least seriously debilitate Scottish football for generations - at most, it will destroy it.

No matter what the outcome, I think at the very least, they should have waited until we had owners who were in place to defend us.

The charges are defended by legal teams, so it's immaterial who is running the club.

Way to help a club with a transfer ban, wonder what Dundee and Motherwell got when they went into admin?

Regan is each day beginning to be an even bigger crook and bawbag than even Whyte.

The sanctions are not simply because we went into admin.

Big fucking if. Did you read his comments regarding the verdict? The man is unbelievable.

Whyte was defiant when asked for his reaction to the punishment on him and Rangers.

Joke

He said: "Tell me how it is going to affect me? I couldn't care less. It makes no difference to my life whatsoever - and good luck collecting the money.

"It's a joke.

"It is very harsh on Rangers. I am surprised at how harsh the SFA have been on a club which is going through tough times at the moment.

"Stewart Regan (chief executive) and Campbell Ogilvie (president) should resign and get out of Scottish football.

"The SFA want to kick Rangers when they are down and I hope people remember that. They are playing to the media."

Edited by caseyjones

The sanctions are not simply because we went into admin.

Yeah but it was done by one man as D & P said, only reasonable thing they have come out with recently.

Farcical decision imo and you can't change my mind, i expected a fine but nothing like that.

Yeah but it was done by one man as D & P said, only reasonable thing they have come out with recently.

Farcical decision imo and you can't change my mind, i expected a fine but nothing like that.

So every club can get someone in, have them fuck about, leave the club and they would then get off Scot-free by saying 'not our fault, guv'?

Wise up, ffs!