Everyone watch the managers press conference , outstanding

Every sensible football fan in Scotland can see what the SFA is trying to do to us and think it stinks,only the sad wee bitter twisted twats want it to happen.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of sensible football fans in Scotland.

McCoist is being deemed irresponsible for asking pertinent questions.

Rangers, and Scottish, football fans DESERVE to know if these decisions are being made from the position of impartiality. That is what McCoist was asking.

Tom English is pandering to the Tims by trying to convert this into a "Rangers are bad for asking who made the decision" and making faux outrage/concern for those who made the judgements. I didnt see ANY of these so-called journalists showing any such outrage or concern for Hugh Dallas, Dougie McDonald, or any number of MULTIPLE referees whose personal life has been endangered by Celtic and their fans over the years. Lest we forget the split head Mr Dallas suffered in the Parkhead shame game.

Sorry Tom, but you are an ignoramus who is merely trying to sell papers in the easiest manner possible. And if you are watching in.... I openly challenge you to a proper, reasoned debate on which of the Old Firm managers is, by far, the most guilty of irresponsible behaviour over the last two years, AND MORE.

Tom English, you are, quite simply, acting as a Celtic apologist.

McCoist = Irresponsible ? What is your impression of Neil Lennon ? Innocent, misunderstood, victmised ? One word, BULLSHIT.

As I said before, come on Tom English, show you know your stuff, show you are a true journalist - enter proper, open debate with me and lets see just how good you really are....

I wont hold my breath

English has had praise from you guys on here before. Suddenly he writes something you don't like and you insult his character?

Maybe it's what he feels?

And to answer what he thinks of Lennon:

Imagine if referees spoke about managers the way some managers speak about referees.

Take Neil Lennon, for instance. Picture a scene that has Willie Collum taking questions from journalists after this season’s League Cup final:

“Willie, your decision to deny Celtic a penalty has been described as ‘criminal’ by Neil Lennon. How do you respond?”

“Criminal? From the man who thought it was a good idea to start Kelvin Wilson at centre-half? Aye, right.”

“But didn’t you get it wrong?”

“Not as wrong as Lenny got it. He was up against a team with a tiny fraction of Celtic’s budget today and he failed.”

“He says that decision was the key moment and you stuffed it up...”

“Right. Nothing to do with Gary Hooper’s miss or all the other misses? He doesn’t blame anybody but the referee? Maybe he should look in the mirror.”

“He says you cost him a treble...”

“I say that’s a pretty arrogant statement.”

Revenge of the whistlers’. Oh what fun we would have if they could trade insults with managers. Sunday would have been incredible if the officials were given the right to reply. We’d still be there now transcribing the tit-for-tat. Lennon comes in and blasts Calum Murray and Iain Brines and then the two boys are afforded an opportunity to respond? Wow.

“Iain, we’ve just had Lenny in here and he says that during the first half you came over to have ‘a word’ with him...”

“It was more than “a word” to be fair. I warned him about his behaviour. He’s not exactly telling the whole truth there.”

“Calum, he says that your decision to send off Cha Du-Ri was a joke...”

“It was a decision I had to make in a split-second. Neil had a week to pick his team and he still made a mistake putting Ki in his midfield. We’re not perfect, any of us.”

The point of this sketch is that Lennon has demanded a level of precision from officials these past weeks while at the same time apparently refusing to apply the same lofty standards to himself and his team. Referees are the easiest scapegoats sometimes. A manager knows they have to soak up criticism without responding to it. For some bosses it’s a handy deflection tactic. The tactics are wrong and the result is bad? Let’s hammer the ref and change the headlines.

Lennon talks witheringly – and correctly – of the ridiculous suggestion that their title, when it comes, will be tainted because of Rangers’ ten-point deduction but at the same time he sees no problem in calling Rangers’ victory on Sunday “soured” while stating that “there are mitigating circumstances in the way they’ve won.” He was talking about the red cards and the second Rangers goal, which he thought was offside, but any reasonable analysis of the game would have to mention that even before Cha was dismissed Celtic were being over-run and out-played, an admission we have not heard from Lennon as yet.

Most managers view their football world through one eye. Lennon and his contemporaries don’t want consistency from referees, they want decisions, good or bad, in their favour. If this was about integrity and fairness, where were Lennon’s condemnatory words for the officials when Lee Wallace’s header in the Old Firm game in December was not given despite pictures showing that it was probably a goal? Where was his criticism of refereeing standards when Hearts were denied a perfectly legitimate goal against Celtic last month? Why did he not protest when Georgios Samaras collapsed in a heap under a non-challenge from Inverness’ Greg Tansey earlier in the season? Tansey got sent off unfairly and Celtic went on to win.

Referees are imperfect, just like players and just like managers. If the guy with the whistle made a mistake last Sunday then Lennon should have the good grace to admit that he wasn’t the only one.

You all lauded him for this article, now you're slating him.

Maybe he's just giving his opinion, whether you agree or not?

I like Tom English,

The hunt was on for the SFA 3 before Ally talked. He made no difference to the process and i’m lead to believe the names first appeared on a Dims board first?

English has had praise from you guys on here before. Suddenly he writes something you don't like and you insult his character?

Maybe it's what he feels?

And to answer what he thinks of Lennon:

You all lauded him for this article, now you're slating him.

Maybe he's just giving his opinion, whether you agree or not?

Possibly Danny. But why was McCoist wrong to ask who the people were that made such draconian sanctions on the club ? He is a representative of the club asking for answers. If nobody knows other than the SFA, who remain untrustworthy on impartiality (especially as the CEO of our greatest rivals walks the corridors of power at Hampden) then I think that the club have a right to be told.

Laying the blame at the door of McCoist is simply disingenious of Tom English.

Danny,

Tom English received a ton of abuse from Celtic fans for his piece on Lennon. I'm led to believe he was contacted by Lennon himself and chastised so this to me reeks of a bit of balancing up by English. He was right to have a go at Lennon but wrong to blame McCoist for the threats on the SFA3. It's not as simple as his opinion, these guys have to cultivate their material and in a Scottish sportswriters world that includes doing favours for their subjects from time to time in return for access and snippets of information.

Possibly Danny. But why was McCoist wrong to ask who the people were that made such draconian sanctions on the club ? He is a representative of the club asking for answers. If nobody knows other than the SFA, who remain untrustworthy on impartiality (especially as the CEO of our greatest rivals walks the corridors of power at Hampden) then I think that the club have a right to be told.

Laying the blame at the door of McCoist is simply disingenious of Tom English.

It's odd, I'm actually on both sides. I think Ally was right to question what fools came up with this frankly ludicrous and dangerous decision, but at the same time I can actually also see the point that any figurehead who berates the authorities is indirectly responsible for provoking the morons among his teams' support.

It happened with Lennon, and if I am fair and honest, Ally has maybe done it too.

Difference is Lennon was incredibly insulting and brought the game into disrepute. Ally just made a fair point. But maybe it was one that he, in hindsight, might have have kept more quiet because we do have tits in our support who would act stupidly and dangerously.