What now for McCoist?

Finishing 2nd in the SPL is the absolute lowest position we should be finishing so to finish 2nd place is no huge achievement.

Exactly! The SPL is such a poor league,that finishing anywhere other than first,is an utter embarrassment.

Exactly! The SPL is such a poor league,that finishing anywhere other than first,is an utter embarrassment.

Who do you think would have done a better job than what McCoist did under the unprecedented circumstances and who would you bring in to replace him ?

Ally McCoist has my backing 100 % and IMO could go on to become an exceptional manager . We should be grateful we have such a man at the helm of our club, not writing him off after his first season .

Apart from being Mr Rangers please tell me what Ally has done for you to say he could go onto be a exeptional manager mate?

Since Feb 14th Ally's been in a no win situation, my biggest and ultimate fear of the season was the scum winning the title at Ibrox recently......TLB was almost wetting himself when that opportunity became a possibility, he sent his players out there with tactics and instructions telling them to make sure they did the job for him and the fans, Ally sent his players out to spoil that party and his team came out tops....he's a far better manager than that ned across the city and he got MOTY?

I'm of the opinion that our present travails have merely masked his inadequacies as manager.

An opinion forged in such places as Falkirk,Malmo,Maribor and in particular Motherwell, the decision that day was one of the most bizarre I've ever seen, two left backs on the park neither of them playing left back instead he exposes Ross Perry to a half decent,tricky, pacey winger ensuring Perry has the proverbial piss ripped out of him by the winger till McCoist finally wakens up and changes it.

Apart from being Mr Rangers please tell me what Ally has done for you to say he could go onto be a exeptional manager mate?

He has the personality , passion a willingness to learn. Look back to the start of the season he had the team not playing great football but decent and getting results, was unlucky at the piggery with the Wallace goal being wrongly disallowed , the great perfomance of the team in the two games against the scum at Ibrox, he has the respect of his players and has good player management skills . The signing of Aluko was a master stroke. No doubt the loss of Naismith then having to sell his top striker and the off field situation derailed our title bid. I will also point to the facts posted by Calscot that show Ally has potential to go on and become an exceptional manager.

No doubt he still has a lot to learn with regards tactics but that will come.

He is an inexperienced manager with a lot to learn but as far as I am concerned he needs a chance to develop and we should allow him some leeway to do that (within reason). I think in his first full season he has shown dignity and calm under incredibly difficult circumstances. I think he has excellent man management skills which no doubt contributed to the players decision to accept pay cuts and the incredible spirit the team has shown . I always thought Walter's greatest quality was man management and the ability to get the best out of people. I haven't seen anything to make me believe that Ally doesn't have the same qualities. He has gone up in my estimations this year and should be judged under more normal circumstances.

Some suggest he should bugger off and make a name for himself in England's 2nd rate league, I suggest he stays put and makes his name (as a manager this time) at Rangers. Of course he's made mistakes with team selections and stuff...show me a manager who hasn't?

Ally must stay.

Even though I've backed Ally's ability to become a great manager from the start, I've been quite frankly amazed by his performance this season.

To take on the role he did at that point in time was something that even WS has said he wouldn't have advised - purely due to circumstances. The way events have transpired I don't think ANY manager (WS included) would have performed better.

In fact I think all other managers we've had in the past 20 years would have struggled with results alone never mind the rest of it. 2nd spot would have actually have been seen as a major achievement had it been one or two of the others.

Let's give Ally the credit and backing he's due.

In fact, to add to that ...how the fcuk TLB (complete with multiple counts of bringing the game into disrepute) got MOTY and Ally didn't even get a look in is THE MOST DAMNING EXAMPLE of the state of our national sport.

...AND yet another example of why Ally deserves our continued backing

Edited by UCF2008