The use of civil courts in football

Serious question here, if FIFA rules 'frown' upon football clubs and players using the civil courts against Football Associations, both national and international, how does that fit with the SFA themselves using civil court judges on their judicial and appeal panels?

Surely if it's to be 'free from outside influence', then the SFA were the first to break the rules by using judges on their panels?

FIFA think they are above the law, saying courts can't be used which is wrong in a big way. People use the courts when judgements are not used adequately and making up rules as they go along. Sion had some gaull to try and take UEFA all the way but were punished severely for going to the courts.

Today's result is in all tense and purposes is a good result. Although frustrating putting back the ball back into the SFA's court, could see a Sion situation if the SFA don't change their minds.

I also agree with bigy the SFA used QC's in the deciding panels so they are taking outside parties into footballing matters, stinks imo.

FIFA think they are above the law, saying courts can't be used which is wrong in a big way. People use the courts when judgements are not used adequately and making up rules as they go along. Sion had some gaull to try and take UEFA all the way but were punished severely for going to the courts.

Today's result is in all tense and purposes is a good result. Although frustrating putting back the ball back into the SFA's court, could see a Sion situation if the SFA don't change their minds.

I also agree with bigy the SFA used QC's in the deciding panels so they are taking outside parties into footballing matters, stinks imo.

Totally agree Metlika.

Neither FIFA, UEFA or the SFA are - or should be - above the laws of Scotland or the EU. In my opinion, they should have been pulled in long ago. They've been chancing their mitt about tax and legality for too many years.

Sooner or later, there will be a Bosman-type moment for them, and it will cost them dear.

And by the way - I hear that a lot of people think that these organisations are grotesquely corrupt.

Let's bring football back to the people.

Guest Lloret1972

could see a Sion situation if the SFA don't change their minds.

Important difference is that Sion took on the European governing body - Uefa - while this is strictly a domestic matter. I suspect neither Uefa or Fifa will want to get involved openly at least. A wait and see situation where we should ignore the gloom and doom warnings of the gutter press and media, they make it up as we know.