SFA could be forced to shut Ibrox club down for good

Forced to shut us down!?

This could be resolved by the SFA acknowledging that applying the maximum fine allowable under their rules to a club which is already desperately close to running out of cash, and who have lost out on European competition is a suitably harsh punishment.

"Oh, but the gravity of the situation!" The situation caused by a man who would never have been able to do such damage if the SFA had put effective measures in place to ensure he was a fit and proper person.

Unless I am mistaken, according to their spokesperson, FIFA commented on the matter without having seen the documents on the matter. Hence, the first reaction was a "default reply".

Sion is a nice example, BUT actively Sion broke a running FIFA transfer embargo and tried to wriggle their way back into the competition. That is a touch different to a club asking for legal advice (sic!) about an apparently illegal ruling by the national authorities. So far, Rangers have not sued the SFA or the like, unless I am mistaken.

As for the SFA, we'll have to wait and see. They can suspend membership for a year if they want to, it would change nothing right now. The SPL membership does not require SFA membership or registration, though people may argue about players' contracts or the like. Will they really open such a can of legal worms?

“In such a case, FIFA will ask the Member Association to take action so that the club withdraws its request from the ordinary courts.

“As a rule, in case a club is seeking redress in front of ordinary court, the Member Association shall take action to safeguard the principle laid down in art. 64 par. 2 of FIFA Statutes, which shall be, in view of art. 64 par. 3 incorporated in the Member Associations’ Statutes.

What happens if a "Member Association" is found to be breaking their own rules? Is that ok?

The article reads like we are in the wrong for challenging the ruling.

Sensationalism from the Daily Record and from the SFA.

During the Italian Matching Fixing scandal from a few seasons back (Which the SFA said was the only thing that would have been worse than what Rangers did)

How many teams were expelled or suspended from Italian Football? - None

How many were given registration bans? None

Is the Italian FA just fairer?

SFA's Regan on the Lurgan Bigot last year. >>> "However, with regard to the timing of the suspension we must accept that if our rules cannot be enforced in a court of law then they cannot be imposed and it is foolish to waste money defending such a point."

What a cunt Regan really is ..

I think you meant to say "useless cunt"!!

Yes indeed, what I cannot understand is why no media outlet (that I have seen) has spoken about the effect on Scottish football if we were expelled. Just the fact that we will be.

More a tarriers wet dream than a fact mate.