I didn't even fancy England to qualify never mind top the group, but fair play to them, they got the results. Their goal tonight was pure luck mind you. Gerrard's cross took two deflections before bouncing under the keeper and into Rooney's path. :D

That was a poor group England were in. Once / if Spain and Germany start to click then England will be thumped by one of them. Italy are playing better than England and should beat them.

Guest Dutchy

I think Italy may surprise us all and go on to win the whole shebang. England don't look like a team of multi-millionaires, and Spain are lucky to be there as well, but A Germany/Italy final could be could.

There's not an awful lot of good stuff so far, from the limited amount I've watched and heard.

Italy have been looking dangerous for sure. England winning the group made little difference because they will find it very, very tough against Italy, just as they would have against Spain.

That said, England have been sneaking results they didnt really deserve... they may be getting the luck that is needed in these big tournaments.

I still fancy Germany to win it. Would ideally like to see a Germany v Spain final.

Dutchy, a Germany v Italy final isnt a possibility as they would meet in the semi-final. The way it works is thus :

QF 1 : Czech Republic v Portugal

QF 2 : Germany v Greece

QF 3 : Spain v France

QF 4 : Italy v England

Semi-final is Winner of QF 1 vs Winner of QF 3

Guest Dutchy

I was looking at the BBC site of the QF's and reading from top to bottom, but the dates tell me that that they're not played in that order.

Thank feck I never asked what price the bookies were giving for a Italy/German final, if they'd 50/1, I'd have been in there, with no real chance to win.

Bet they'd have still taken the bet though, huh!

Lol. I was confused with it too :D

I read it on sporting life website - UEFA's website is horrible with trying to work out who gets who.

I am actually LOL'ing at your posts Dutchy - back and forward trying to work out what is right - UEFA should have made it clearer on their website !

On paper the first 3 are Portugal, Germany and Spain but I think we could see a few upsets in the Quarters. Czechs and France could sneak through. But I'll go with this:

QF 1 : Czech Republic 1-2 Portugal

QF 2 : Germany 4-0 Greece

QF 3 : Spain 2-1 France

QF 4 : Italy 2-1 England