OUTSTANDING!! I'd try that myself, but in a Scottish winter, I fear my normally epic trouser truncheon would be invisible from two rows down, never mind the penalty spot.

Still the best tourney I can remember for a long time. Tho they do need to play two 1/4 finals a day, so as to make recovery time more equal.

Got to go with Portugal tonight. Italy gave Spain a run in the opening game, Rep were out of their depth but Croatia also didnt deserve to lose against Spain. France were poor also. But Portugal have got a bit of confidence going into this one.

Guest Dutchy

Ha ha, I've got the other 2 to win outright. Just side bets as my main choice was Holland.

I've put a couple of bob on Portugal to win 3-1, or 3-2.

Might happen, might not, but it pays our 66/1 or 80/1.

I need some luck in this competition, it's been crap so far.

Another boring match last night, thought Portugal could win that one. Why did Ronaldo wait to take the last pen! He was too busy thinking of his own glory thinking he'd get the winner rather than going through. He should have been first up!

Ive a question regarding penalites during shoot outs though....when does the ball become unactive? If you hit the post its a miss but if it hits the keeper then goes in does it count? Does the ball motion have to stop?