And it just shows you the pundits who claim the Premier League is the best in Europe are way off!! It might be the most entertaining for us to watch but Serie A is supposed to be going through a bad patch yet a Italy team with no stand outs like Baggio, Maldini etc from the past give England a footballing lesson. It was a joy to watch.

Carroll 35m! Yet the the commentator called Diamanti a West Ham reject when he came on....loved him getting the winning pen.

Basically they are crap.

Might go with that one!

Actually, I was black affronted when I did go on...the number of cretinous Scots and Irish on there trying to gloat was embarrassing.

The most one-sided 0-0 games Ive ever seen.

A 0-0 humping, indeed.

Had to laugh at Shearer last night "England should've been home & dry after the first half" & "Balotelli he's won nothing yet" only for Lineker to pipe up "well he has won a Championship" comedy gold from the boys from the BeeB & dont get me started on Lawrenson.

Guest Dutchy

I waatched that game in the pub, thankfully, I can't hear what the rubbish they come out with.

Don't expect comments about what England COULD have done in the remainder of the competition.

The commentary and pundits made the defeat sweeter last night. It was the most embarrassing Ive heard. Not sure what game Shearer, Hansen and Dixon were watching.

But Mowbray and Lawrenson were terrible....Lawrenson resorted to saying he hopes a player stayed down injured!!! Terrible comment to make! But the actual commentator Mowbray calling a player a reject is laughable when Carroll and Rooney were shocking....Diamanti played very well when coming on which shut him up.

Ive no problem with England as a country, I like the place and have a lot of friends. If they are playing in other sports I may get behind them, but the arrogance like last night from the BBC team is what makes me always want to see them get stuffed at the Euro's and World Cups.

We had Ian Darke & Steve McManaman out here and I have to say that McManaman's honesty was very refreshing. Even before the penalties were taken he was clear that he supported England but he was also very clear that it would be a travesty if Italy didnt win. On multiple occasions intimated that Italy were by far the better team.

As I say, refreshing and from the sounds of it the exact opposite of what you guys got.