From my first post the only different one I had was England to go through in runners up spot.....they always seem to get out their group.

I fancy the Swedes to beat England and take the runners up spot in that group Gribz.

Will wait to see how good Russia are when they play a better side Czechs are poor (are you listening Levein) but a great start.

Oh and Kerzakhov you can pack your bags mate " score in a brothel " springs to mind after that display.

Anyway onwards and upwards Holland/Germany double for tomorrow methinks, don't know if I'll see much Gala Day tomorrow but it's meant to be pishing down so every chance I will.

Edited by GovanAllan

I'm not a betting man, but if I was I'd put my money on Russia to win this competition.

Great team - Great manager

Semi's I think 54 but they were good, was just great to watch two open free flowing games.

Platini will be on at them tomorrow to stop this great football pish and get back to the tight tactical battles we love so much (not).

They have the old Arshavin, who on his day, like, tonight, for example, is one of the world's great forward creative players.

btw did anyone notice the hideous typo when Advocaat's name came up? 'Dirk' Advocaat...

Defintely right in saying the Russians are a dark horse. Banker for the group. But problem is they face someone from Group B. But the fact they are playing practically in their own back yard gives them a chance. Still early days though. The Czech's are a poor side at the moment.

Looking forward to tonights matches. Will show us all about this group of death.

They have the old Arshavin, who on his day, like, tonight, for example, is one of the world's great forward creative players.

btw did anyone notice the hideous typo when Advocaat's name came up? 'Dirk' Advocaat...

Dirk is his actual name.

Harsh on Samaras - thought he worked his socks off, and if he'd taken one of his two good chances would have been clear MoTM for me.

I also don't blame the Greek goalie - he saw cheating swine Lewandowski clear at the back post and felt he had to do something. Anyone to blame it is the Greek right back who was AWOL.

Russians very impressive, from front to back. Czechs poor but still 1000 times better than us.

Two great games, though, I hope it carries on like this!