Congratulations to the Queen

Yes you are right but that is your opinion. Other people have a different opinion. I totally agree we should all respect the Queen whether we support her or not. She has only tried to do her best for the country. I personally agree with you but there are other things going like when thousands are losing their job every day, should we be paying millions for a few days celebration for the Queen. I am not against her but there are issues where I think is this all necessary.

The millions being spent on the celebrations are also helping to boost the economy, it's not as if it's all going down the drain.

The Jubilee celebrations were not paid for by the tax-payer but by corporate fund-raising and donations.

That probably makes it even worse Frankie almost all companies are telling us they have to lower budgets and cut work-forces but yet they have money over to pay into a few days celebrations. I am sure some of their donations could have kept a few people in a job for a year.

What are we supposed to do? Do nothing? I understand people who don't do the bended knee stuff. But to think the Queen does nothing is beyond absurd. She's 86 years old ffs and still works as hard as many of us. She has been Queen for 60 years! None of us will see that again in our lifetime, Charlie isn't going to be King that long!

It's an achievement, it's worth celebrating. I'm not even a Royalist btw or a staunch fan of the monarchy. The Royal Family costs about £4.50 per year, per tax payer. The Queen is like 60p or something.

I begrudged the Papal visit as he is NOT our Head of State among other things. I don't begrudge a party to celebrate achievement.

What are we supposed to do? Do nothing? I understand people who don't do the bended knee stuff. But to think the Queen does nothing is beyond absurd. She's 86 years old ffs and still works as hard as many of us. She has been Queen for 60 years! None of us will see that again in our lifetime, Charlie isn't going to be King that long!

It's an achievement, it's worth celebrating. I'm not even a Royalist btw or a staunch fan of the monarchy. The Royal Family costs about £4.50 per year, per tax payer. The Queen is like 60p or something.

I begrudged the Papal visit as he is NOT our Head of State among other things. I don't begrudge a party to celebrate achievement.

I am not anti-royalist although as I said before I do cringe at the thought of that buffoon Charles on the throne. I do not grudge her a party but I don't see why it needed to be so extensive in a time where everyone has to dig and delve to make ends meet. I do think she does a great job and is more popular than people think. The Americans and the Germans even love her because their lack of a monarchy gives them no figurehead to look up to.

I am not anti-royalist although as I said before I do cringe at the thought of that buffoon Charles on the throne. I do not grudge her a party but I don't see why it needed to be so extensive in a time where everyone has to dig and delve to make ends meet. I do think she does a great job and is more popular than people think. The Americans and the Germans even love her because their lack of a monarchy gives them no figurehead to look up to.

I do understand but lets be grateful that Gideon or whoever it was didn't get his way with the £60million sodding boat he wanted to build, which would have ended up costing £600mil no doubt!

I do understand but lets be grateful that Gideon or whoever it was didn't get his way with the £60million sodding boat he wanted to build, which would have ended up costing £600mil no doubt!

His bibles did ok, so why not a boat?

Yes boats what a waste of money.:whistling: