Do Charles Green's recent comments & statements actually stack up?

I've got to say that I'm quite confused by all of this stuff Charles Green's been saying in different interviews because to me it doesn't really all seem to stack up or sit right with me.

In an interview Mr. Green said "My job is to remove the debts, get Rangers on a sound footing and put £20-30m in the bank. Once that is done, I'm of no use to the club at all. It is important to be transparent because you get found out."

My first point about that statement is how on this earth is Charles Green going to "remove the debts, get Rangers on a sound footing and put £20-30m in the bank" within one year? That seems just about as absurd as when he said that if he could raise £100m Ally McCoist would want to buy Ronaldo. Erm... aye, ok then.

My second point is that if Charles Green actually CAN "remove the debts, get Rangers on a sound footing and put £20-30m in the bank" within a very short time frame, then why on earth would such a man/magician be "of no use to the club at all"?? Anyone who could achieve that would be the complete opposite of "no use to the club at all" would they not?

Maybe I'm just reading this all wrong or reading too much into the man's words, but what he's been saying just doesn't make any sense to me.

He said "it is important to be transparent because you get found out" and I'm all for transparency as that's exactly what we want and need at Rangers, but Charles Green appears to be transparently talking a load of nonsense.

Edited by Zappa
fixing a typo

Zappa with friends like you, who needs.....

If he is the real deal will you have the brass neck to still "support" Rangers?

After being run into the ground by two horrible con men, and another guy coming out of the woodwork from nowhere, can you not understand his concerns?

After being run into the ground by two horrible con men, and another guy coming out of the woodwork from nowhere, can you not understand his concerns?

Concerns yes, but you would have needed to have been on this board a bit longer to see what has been happening mate. Some of our support have been against anything other than TBK for personal reason from day 1.

And if he isn't the real deal, will you still have the brass neck to "support" Rangers? :rolleyes:

I've got no idea whether he's the real deal or not, and I presume that 99.9% of the support are the same. I really hope he is but you can't blame anyone who raises valid questions given what we have experienced with Murray and Whyte.

It's got nothing to do with being pro or anti TBK. The support need to question anyone who is going to be in charge of our club and to dismiss valid questions with a pre-conceived idea that anyone who does so must be pro another buyer is sticking your head in the sand.

Concerns yes, but you would have needed to have been on this board a bit longer to see what has been happening mate. Some of our support have been against anything other than TBK for personal reason from day 1.

CumbernauldGers, if you're suggesting that I'm "against anything other than TBK for personal reason" you're way, way off the mark because I've been extremely critical of The Blue Knights on numerous occasions. On another thread here tonight I've said that I don't trust Dave King and he's clearly backing The Blue Knights.