Charles Green Rangers Saviour

I really don't understand why people get so annoyed with each other when they have a different opinion.

Green may be the devil or he may indeed be the saviour. Its difficult to say either way because there are pros and cons. Debating such points should be interesting - not an excuse to slag each other off. We are all right and wrong sometimes.

I think there is a suprise or two when it's revealed who's with Green in the Sevco group? bona fide Rangers men imo.

Green has certainly asked a few to get involved but not sure any have taken up this offer.

Hopefully a few more names were given to the RFFF off the record last week. As much as I'm not convinced by Green, these guys are not likely to be fooled.

I think there is a suprise or two when it's revealed who's with Green in the Sevco group? bona fide Rangers men imo.

Do we have any of these?

I think we need to leave this idea alone about people being Rangers Men, i have seen very little evidence of there being many if any proper Rangers men wanting anything to do with parting with money for Rangers.

Guest Bears R Us
Do we have any of these?

I think we need to leave this idea alone about people being Rangers Men, i have seen very little evidence of there being many if any proper Rangers men wanting anything to do with parting with money for Rangers.

I am starting to think the same about REAL Rangers men. Rangers men have had all the time they needed to put their money up and buy the club, but so far none of them have stepped up to the plate with the right amount.

Rangers could attempt to sign new players before the club is officially out of administration.

Charles Green is aiming to have a Company Voluntary Arrangement approved on Thursday, after which there is a 28-day cooling-off period.

But SPL rules state that, with board approval, clubs in administration may replace players whose contracts expire.

"If you are correct, that is an avenue open to the club," Green told BBC Scotland on Sunday.

Rule 6.20 of the Scottish Premier League's regulations makes provision for signings being made in special circumstances by clubs who have suffered an insolvency event.

While there is no guarantee the SPL board would approve any signings, with several players' contracts expiring, that could allow Rangers to use the rule to bring replacements in.

If the CVA is approved, which is still the subject of dubiety, the cooling-off period would take Rangers to mid-July.

The club had been banned from signing players for 12 months by a Scottish Football Association-appointed Judicial Panel, a decision upheld by an Appellate Tribunal but subsequently set aside by the Court of Session.

The Appellate Tribunal must now decide what punishment to administer.

Continue reading the main story

“I've said all along, stadium-naming is an emotive issue, but whatever we do it would always be Ibrox Stadium.

Charles Green

In the meantime, Green has confirmed he had told a supporters' meeting on Wednesday that he has a list of 19 target players drawn up, five of whom are involved at Euro 2012.

And he says he has added £1.5m to the budget Ally McCoist and the administrators Duff & Phelps had been working to for next season.

Green had also been examining the possibility, if Thursday's creditors' vote goes in favour of a CVA, of setting aside the 28-day cooling-off period, to allow a swifter exit from administration.

But lawyers have advised that even if the two main creditors - HMRC and Ticketus - had been willing to agree to that, it would not be possible because other creditors had to be allowed the right to raise objections in that period and only a judge can bring the period of administration to an end.

Of the money raised so far (£5.5m is lodged with the lawyers Taylor Wessing, as confirmed by Simon Shipperley of Duff and Phelps at the fans' meeting), £2m has come from Singaporean investors, £2m from another major investor, with the remainder split.

Having closed the initial round of funding with £10m raised, Green says he will entertain a second round of investment with a maximum of £4m per investor.

Green also referred to a £10m stadium-naming deal with "an airline investor or alternative".

"I've been speaking to a number of people, some of whom are connected to our investors, some not," he added.

"I've said all along, stadium-naming is an emotive issue, but whatever we do it would always be Ibrox Stadium."

CHARLES Green has told Rangers fans they will be able to SACK him if they don’t like the way he runs their club.

The Yorkshireman will take control at Ibrox this week if his CVA proposal is accepted by creditors on Thursday.

And even if that is rejected Green and his consortium will still come to power by forming a newco.

Gers fans are extremely wary of his motives for buying the Ibrox outfit and Green totally understands why they are so sceptical.

But he insists the club would have shut down by now had he not intervened last month with an £8.3million rescue package. And Green insists the supporters are welcome to boot him out if they aren’t happy with the new regime.

He said: “If the fans don’t want us there they can buy the shares and kick us out.

“I will have a contract. If you don’t like me then sack me.

“That could never have happened before but I have done it this way so that’s exactly what can happen. The club will be listed on the stock market and if the fans want to take over that club they can.

“If the CVA fails this week it goes immediately to a newco type structure. You are buying the assets and property.

“Let’s assume the CVA is approved – any money that comes in during the cooling-off period that follows is all ring-fenced.

“That’s why this myth that we are using season-ticket holders’ money to buy the club is spurious. There’s no season ticket-money required to do the deal.

“The deal is completed on Thursday when we will not have received a penny from season tickets – and if the CVA doesn’t get approved I am £3m better off.

“By the end of the cooling off period we will have then raised another £30m, that’s two years’ season-ticket sales. Rangers have never had that much cash in the bank.

“But I understand why people are nervous and distrusting and I think that’s healthy. The other claim is that the money (£8.3m) is going in as loan and therefore you are going to take the money back out afterwards.

“The reason it is a loan is because I never wanted the 26,000 existing shareholders diluted and destroyed.

“Fans see this ‘loan’ and think it is something sinister but it is exactly the opposite.

“Listen, make no mistake, the club without us would have closed. I am here to do a job and I want to raise as much money for Rangers as I can.

“I don’t care where that cash comes from as long as it is legally obtained.”