Charles Green Rangers Saviour

It's certainly no coincidence that ST renewal letters went out and immediately afterwards Mr. Green is talking about lists of signing targets, an increase in Ally's budget as well as a £10m stadium-naming deal. Interesting claims!

Reeks of spin tbh mate. I want a book, but not yet, i don't trust this guy one bit.

Reeks of spin tbh mate.

Maybe he does have a list of signing targets, so that could be true! Did Ally give him a list of 19 players?

Ally's overall budget including player wages might have been planned to be 'minus X' amount for next season and Green is actually talking about increasing 'minus X' to 'minus X + £1.5m'.... Just a thought.

As for the £10m stadium-naming deal? No comment. ;)

Guest Xander1873

I am not looking for a saviour, just someone with a competent business plan and investment enough to put us on the road to recovery and a self sufficient future. What I want is to forget all the knowledge of tax tribunals, EBT's etc and just focus on being a football fan, its been a long time since I have been able to focus on the football.

Maybe he does have a list of signing targets, so that could be true! Did Ally give him a list of 19 players?

Ally's overall budget including player wages might have been planned to be 'minus X' amount for next season and Green is actually talking about increasing 'minus X' to 'minus X + £1.5m'.... Just a thought.

As for the £10m stadium-naming deal? No comment. ;)

Where did he mention a 10 million stadium naming deal ? If that is coming from the earlier post from an interview with him that Is in this thread then that was not a direct quote from Green. He mentioned nothing about value, and only said it was an emotive issue and it would still be Ibrox stadium (which I believe him to mean even I we rename it the fans would still call it Ibrox, but clearly can't be sure he mean that).

But green himself didn't mention value......

It was mentioned by Al Lamont after his interview with Green Craig, but you're correct that the £10m figure wasn't directly quoted. The exact comment in Alasdair Lamont's article was:

Green also referred to a £10m stadium-naming deal with "an airline investor or alternative".

Naming rights ... well, Ibrox will forever be Ibrox, no matter what. With regard to the deal, if any it should be one that runs for 5 years, but not longer. To the Bears (and essentially any other supporter but the deluded hordes) it will be Ibrox nonetheless. The only people who actually have to care are the press folk, be that printed, radio, or TV.

(And, BTW, The Stadium will still stand in the district of Ibrox, doesn't it?)

I think he's going to be a terrible owner. maybe not as bad as whyte but piss poor none the less.

When did we last have a good owner?

Lawrence Malborough became our first majority shareholder / owner in 1985 but as he lived in the US had little to do with the club. Previous to him increasing his shareholding he was nicknamed "the silent partner by the then chairman, John Paton. That was when we went through one of the worst periods for the club having nine years without a championship title.

In 1986 he brought in David Holmes to revitalise the club and we all know what happened after that. But just as we had become a very successful club he sold his shareholding to Murray in 1988 so while you could perhaps call him a good owner, it was very short lived.

Since then all we've had is Murray and Whyte...

Green technically won't be the owner as he won't have the majority shareholding.