looks like liquidation.

My gut feeling is the newco asset sale will go through but the Green group will sell quickly (probably before the start of the season) to another group for £8-10million.

Please God you are right, Frankie, the alternatives don't bear thinking about.

Green said that he had an agreement to buy all of Whyte's shares. Was he lying? Don't have a clue. I've not heard anything credible to suggest that he would still be involved in any shape or form.

If it was an issue, why aren't HMRC saying that in their tweets? I guess they are in on the big conspiracy.

your not really answering my questions here but I will answer yours.

perhaps they didn't release all their reasons in a two line tweet.

I will ask again why the secrecy over who was involved? you don't have to answer your a clever guy. you know all conspiracy theorys aren't false.

what you believe like everyone else is entirely up to you.

I've no desire to get involved in personality clashes but to have a go at another Rangers fan today of all days because he's stating how he feels is out of order. If you disagree with Gunslinger ignore him today isn't the day for pettiness, a big bit of our club died today for a lot of Rangers supporters.

I agree 100%

Guest govansw1
My gut feeling is the newco asset sale will go through but the Green group will sell quickly (probably before the start of the season) to another group for £8-10million.

Frankie, Do you think we the fans could raise this? Bearing in mind the pledges we made. Could the RangersUnite group be the vehicle for us?

It appears HMRC have not ruled out the possibility of a CVA at all but just the one proposed, or am I reading that wrong?

Statement on Rangers Football Club

"A liquidation provides the best opportunity to protect taxpayers, by allowing the potential investigation and pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the company’s financial affairs in recent years. A CVA would restrict the scope of such action. Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

So the sale is not being undermined, it simply takes a different route. Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox. It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA. Rangers can make a fresh start."

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/rangers.htm

Edited by forlanssister

Can't see where you're getting that from FS. That statement looks pretty clear. CVA or newco.

I get it from here which appears contradictory to the rest of the statement and does not rule out a CVA.

Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

I get it from here which appears contradictory to the rest of the statement and does not rule out a CVA.

That basically just says the club can still be sold on in liquidation the same as a CVA, nothing more. This is the important part of why a CVA was never being agreed.

A liquidation provides the best opportunity to protect taxpayers, by allowing the potential investigation and pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the company’s financial affairs in recent years. A CVA would restrict the scope of such action.

Gutted and heartbroken, but i will work and do everthing in my power and finances, to help a new Rangers to emerge from the ashes. I hope the support can come together and raise the finances to buy what effectively belongs to us anyway, the club assets.