Uncertainity prevails over position of Ally McCoist

What Ally cares more for Rangers than any fan who pays their money week in week out, ffs

It will be a candlelight vigil in the carpark next, your club is dying get a grip.

Read what Thinker actually posted GA - you are being facetious and, in fact, pretty callous in your posts regarding McCoist. I bet you were very happy, like the rest of us, when he gave the "We dont do walking away" speech.

Thinker actually said that "no one cared more about Rangers than Ally" - and that is considerably different than your statement of "What Ally cares more for Rangers than any fan who pays their money week in week out, ffs".

I would agree with Thinker - no one cared more about Rangers than Ally - doesnt mean that he cared more about them than we do - means we are all equals.

Not many would have managed us for zero pay with the amount of abuse he has had to take from even his own club's fans.

Legend then, Legend now, Legend forever - at least in this Bear's eyes.

Read what Thinker actually posted GA - you are being facetious and, in fact, pretty callous in your posts regarding McCoist. I bet you were very happy, like the rest of us, when he gave the "We dont do walking away" speech.

Thinker actually said that "no one cared more about Rangers than Ally" - and that is considerably different than your statement of "What Ally cares more for Rangers than any fan who pays their money week in week out, ffs".

I would agree with Thinker - no one cared more about Rangers than Ally - doesnt mean that he cared more about them than we do - means we are all equals.

Not many would have managed us for zero pay with the amount of abuse he has had to take from even his own club's fans.

Sorry craig but i cant agree, he took a very short term cut in wages, wages that are stupid high for a guy with no exp in the first place.

Legend as a player and nothing else. All he has done in the last few months is what anybody would do, try and keep his job.

He took plenty of money from Murray and has done nothing to out him or CW.

We are getting to a stage where the clubs future is getting decided by a very small amout of fundamentalist (sp) that love to re-write history to suit there agenda of the time. Not you mate by the way.

A report written by the Sports Editor of one of the largest selling newspapers in the country, a report that has still not been denied by McCoist. If that doesn't deserve 19 pages on here I don't know what does.

Whether this is political, opportunistic or factual isn't the point, a front page story about the imminent departure of the Rangers manager at anytime would create a 19 page thread at least.

There is no hysteria, just concern and a desire for more knowledge.

Ally takes a 100% pay cut to help the club, many fans who "care" about the club just as much say they won't pay full price for season tickets or buy them at all if we're relegated.

Who "cares" more about the club again?

Never said he wasn't a Legend again you miss the point of my post.

As a manager he's not good enough for Rangers simple fact, the way some went on here this morning you would've thought somebody had died I just pointed out the club will continue along fine without him.

As for the wage cut Ally could retire tomorrow and live very comfortably on what he's earned over the years so that was no big thing, so thanks for not taking your huge wage for a couple of months, but he felt no personal squeeze because of this so don't try and say it took some great sacrifice.

He's played his part not to bad in all this mess, although he should've stood up for the club and the fans more instead of trying to be everybodies pal.

But you carry on trying to make him a saint, I'll live with him being one of my football heros, after all he didn't do anything anyone of us wouldn't have done, if we were in his shoes with his bank balance.

Record Sport believes ....

However, according to one former director, ...

The ex-board member claims ...

And our source also insisted ...

Somesuch makes me stop believing such stuff until an official source actually says something. What it leads to is canon fodder for the anti-Green brigade and we see it on here too. Hence you'd at least call for calm until we actually know something.

Silence is deafening? Yes, we had a CVA meeting and a shareholders meeting and possibly some meetings between Green and McCoist and the admins to follow that. Does anyone on here expects that we dance to the tune of the press, reacting to any of their bile and false claims? Or the correct ones, for that matter.

With respect, it's not about the football at the moment. It's about ensuring we still have a Rangers for our children to support. I can think of no-one better at the helm.

And Ally being manager will make one bit of difference if we still have a club next week.

Never said he wasn't a Legend again you miss the point of my post.

As a manager he's not good enough for Rangers simple fact, the way some went on here this morning you would've thought somebody had died I just pointed out the club will continue along fine without him.

As for the wage cut Ally could retire tomorrow and live very comfortably on what he's earned over the years so that was no big thing, so thanks for not taking your huge wage for a couple of months, but he felt no personal squeeze because of this so don't try and say it took some great sacrifice.

He's played his part not to bad in all this mess, although he should've stood up for the club and the fans more instead of trying to be everybodies pal.

But you carry on trying to make him a saint, I'll live with him being one of my football heros, after all he didn't do anything anyone of us wouldn't have done, if we were in his shoes with his bank balance.

I think you need to read what I posted again. Nowhere in my post did I say, or imply, that you suggested he wasnt a legend.

He made mistakes, as we all do. nobody would deny that. But I find it curious that it is completely ignored by some that his team had the best start of any Rangers team in living memory last season DOMESTICALLY (Yes, Europe was a shambles but he was far from the only manager that suffered that fate) and there wasnt much evidence that it was going to come crashing down until that horrific moment that Naismith got injured. Sadly, Naismith really WAS/IS a player that made a team. Only after Naismith's injury did we struggle. McCoist eventually replaced him (somewhat) with the very astute signing of Aluko - dont forget that we were outwith a transfer window so simply "replacing" Naismith had to be done within the squad that was available. And Naismith more than any other (possibly other than Jelavic) was our irreplaceable player - so McCoist lost his two most influential players to injury and transfer - we still finished 2nd in the league and, at the time of entering administration, were very much within touching distance of Celtic.

Yep, a horrid failure of a manager - it really is such an easy job to manage a professional club - makes me wonder why more of our fans arent managers of clubs. REAL football management isnt as easy as the namesake game I am afraid.

When you add in the horrors of the OFF-FIELD problems this season I would actually say that McCoist has proven himself to be more than average.

Doesnt matter whether McCoist could retire tomorrow - the fact he worked for NOTHING shows what the club means to him. You can bang on about his wealth all you like - but you can be absolutely assured that NOBODY would have done that if they didnt care for the club. You can butter it whatever way you want but when he did that he PROVED that he cares as much as any of us.

We will have to agree to disagree on your next point. I happen to think that McCoist DID stand up for the club and the fans. When we entered administration and Whyte was removed I felt we saw a more open and honest McCoist who defended the club and its fans very well. Kind of like Bain in fact in that he only really started defending the club when SDM was removed - I kind of got the feeling that McCoist would have liked to have done more but his hands were tied. And lets not forget, his job was/is to manage, not to do the defending - that was supposedly being done by Media House - and McCoist did more than they did in this regard, even though it wasnt in his job description.

So you would have happily accepted all of the abuse from all sides - from Celtic fans, fans of every other club, fans of your OWN club, reporters, other managers, having to deal with business issues which are not your area of expertise (nor expected to be) etc etc - you would have happily accepted all of that, done it with zero pay ? I am not nearly as convinced as you that we would all do it - it seems an easy decision to make but I am pretty sure it isnt. Given his bank balance the EASY decision to take was to QUIT, go and lay on some beach in a hot country and RELAX. THAT would have been the EASY decision. But because Ally loves the club as much as we do he did what many of us will do which is..... HE DIDNT DO WALKING AWAY.