Chris Graham For Fans Spokesman

Guest govansw1

Guest govansw1
Not sure about the OP of the thread, but I'll definitely say well done to Chris again. Calm, collected and cool as ever. :tu:

What are you not sure about?

Now were a newco we dont have a vote.

We're not a newco, a new company purchased Rangers Football Club from Duff & Phelps after the old company that owned us went bust. Rangers Football Club is still as it is.

As the old company which owned us holds the SPL share, and since that company won't be liquidated for some time, they do have a vote and i'm pretty sure that as part of the takeover agreement Duff & Phelps would have delegated the vote to the new company which owns Rangers Football Club.

What are you not sure about?

Well, I agree that Chris has done a brilliant job, but you go on to suggest offering him the job of being an official spokesman for a fully united support including all fan groups under a single umbrella, presumably your RangersUnite umbrella. There's quite a few if's and maybe's in your suggestion is there not?

We're not a newco, a new company purchased Rangers Football Club from Duff & Phelps after the old company that owned us went bust. Rangers Football Club is still as it is.

As the old company which owned us holds the SPL share, and since that company won't be liquidated for some time, they do have a vote and i'm pretty sure that as part of the takeover agreement Duff & Phelps would have delegated the vote to the new company which owns Rangers Football Club.

As it stands we're out of the SPL, i cant see them giving oldco or newco a say whether we get back in or not.

Guest govansw1
Well, I agree that Chris has done a brilliant job, but you go on to suggest offering him the job of being an official spokesman for a fully united support including all fan groups under a single umbrella, presumably your RangersUnite umbrella. There's quite a few if's and maybe's in your suggestion is there not?

I didn't say official. Don't read too much into my choice of words as I'm new to these forums. I saw a thread on RM so I thought I'd do the same here. You will see from my registration I am new to GersNet. Up until 14th Feb. I was only interested in going to Ibrox every other week.

Since 14th I joined RST, RM, FF, GersNet and VB (need to be vouched for there. I agree with that).

For no reason, I was using FF mostly. I've been called Declan etc. but I now see that is part an' parcel of being a new start.

I didn't mean to put a capital U in unite if that's what you mean re RangersUnite.

Yes, I am for Fan Ownership (banned for life for commenting on it on FF ) but I dont want it to be anything to do with praising CG. I'll need to be more careful of what I say.

Once Rangers gets back to normal I'll probably drift back to being part of the biggest fan group out there ie the ones who don't use the internet etc.

If you reply. go easy on me. Cheers.

I didn't mean to put a capital U in unite if that's what you mean re RangersUnite.

I think you did mean it! :tu:

(and that's ok because from what I can gather, promoting RangersUnite here is fine as far as the site is concerned) :)

"first time he says anything vaguely opinionated Chris will be in the same boat as David Edgar, Mark Dingwall, Andy Kerr et etc etc...I would hope he does not put himself in such an invidious position."

Happens to all who put their head above the parapet.

"first time he says anything vaguely opinionated Chris will be in the same boat as David Edgar, Mark Dingwall, Andy Kerr et etc etc...I would hope he does not put himself in such an invidious position."

Happens to all who put their head above the parapet.

I said something along the same lines. People push you to the top but once you are there the same people are there to shoot you back down.