Has this statement been verified as coming from Jim? Saw it on another forum and it was post scripted with WATP No Surrender?

Very un Jim Hannah like?

I can't speak for anyone else here, but in our current set of circumstances I think 'No Surrender' is an appropriate slogan.

It is time for unity, but it's also time for a charm offensive from the club and fans.

For too long, we've allowed this horrific attitude of 'no one likes us, we don't care' become an affliction of the club. Well, for me anyway, you don't win the 'war' if everyone hates you.

All talk of boycotts etc just give the haters, within the club and from outside the club, ammunition to attack us when it comes to this current Newco predicament.

Time to stop all the shit and look at the bigger picture. We need to be loved to win the war, we need to become the darling of Scottish football again, anyone who has seen the old pics of Dynamo Moscow coming to Scotland to see the Rangers, or the pics of Puskas and co at Ibrox with wee Willie Henderson, will realise just how far we've fallen.

Rangers needs to become a byword for quality, dedication and tolerance. It's the only way forward.

this nonsense about green being the only one to step up has to stop. their were any number of other bids. his just got chosen. very suspiciously I might add.

green liquidated us and bought us or peanuts. he's not the messia......

We were getting newco no matter who got the nod, it's time you woke up to that idea.

Has Green been flawless far from it, but then none of the bidders showered themselves on glory.

It is time for unity, but it's also time for a charm offensive from the club and fans.

For too long, we've allowed this horrific attitude of 'no one likes us, we don't care' become an affliction of the club. Well, for me anyway, you don't win the 'war' if everyone hates you.

All talk of boycotts etc just give the haters, within the club and from outside the club, ammunition to attack us when it comes to this current Newco predicament.

Time to stop all the shit and look at the bigger picture. We need to be loved to win the war, we need to become the darling of Scottish football again, anyone who has seen the old pics of Dynamo Moscow coming to Scotland to see the Rangers, or the pics of Puskas and co at Ibrox with wee Willie Henderson, will realise just how far we've fallen.

Rangers needs to become a byword for quality, dedication and tolerance. It's the only way forward.

You make many good points in your post but it's very difficult to strike a balance between accepting blame/taking medicine and tolerating blatant hate filled attacks on the club for no reason other than 'cuz it's ra huns'. Defiance can appear wilful refusal to accept the position - Tom English, whom I quite like, repeatedly confuses a refusal to take a kicking from hypocrites as lack of humility - while actual humility can appear excessively self-flagellent.

Guest ?apester

Whilst i agree that any march would be pointless backing Charles Green just because he has the good fortune to own assets worth 20 fold what he paid for them is a no go . He has shown himself to be untrustworthy imo . His lack of transparency and his "confusion" about who is actually backing him is a worry . I am not convinced he isn't the enemy to be honest .

It actually is. South of Hadrian's Wall and in Europe. Obviously, Manchester 2008 put a dent into that (but this is largely forgotten beyond Britain/Manchester/amongst the Hooped Horrors), as did our recent administration. That said, hardly anyone in eruope knows the full story and if they take their news from the much reliable BBC these days, the picture becomse somewhat unbalanced.

No, IMHO, the war in Scotland must be taken to those responsible. Ever since 2008 (at the very latest), the Scums influence in all things Scottish football and media has become untangible and we as a club have let the support down big time during that period. Hardly any real fight was put up against the insinuous efforts of the Scum, no-one stood/stands up against false claims within the press. No-one challenged the authorities for e.g. Lafferty's Law or the ridiculous Aluko ban. This need to change.

Boycott. This is the minimal approach we should take against the other relevant SPL clubs. IMHO, we will be declined entry to the SPL by the drooling hordes who just found the "sporting integrity" - club. Hence, there will be no need to boycott any SFL team. But equally people could cancel their Sky Sports contracts (i.e. 1 in 10 could retain it and invite fellow Bears for games to watch; or people simple visit their local pub). The time for holding up the other side of the face after the first got beaten is well and truly over!

Edited by der Berliner