More Players to Leave McLeod‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

Unless someone can show me a bank statement for us with no money on it, then this pish that we can't pay the players is just that pish.

Pish? We were running a £1m / month deficit with the current squad. Has our income gone up since the season ended?

Not saying it is but it is certainly plausible. If all the valuable assets walk it will surely reduce the value of the club as they are marketable assets.

However, we are also conveniently ignoring that these players will have no SPL football next season. Were we still in the SPL I would give more credence to the thought that they were trying to force Green's hand to subsequently re-sign with RFC

There definitely seems to be something going on dB. The mass exodus of our top players is seriously reducing the value of Green's newco as well............. ;)

I have to say that I wrote that before reading about Bomber's/Smith'/McColl's supposed new bid. I just made some sort oc consoling sense to me ...

NB: I would assume that a) McColl could bankroll us for the time being, while b) Smith / Laudrup et al could galvanize the support into a membership/funding scheme to pay for the uipkeep as well.

tomorrow's record has Davis and McGregor blaming green.

no communication

transfered contracts illegally without consultation

players prepared to stay if we only drop to division 1 but want to go if its 3 but green won't talk to arrange that.

Pish? We were running a £1m / month deficit with the current squad. Has our income gone up since the season ended?

Well don't have a squad to pay for so it's pish.

Until there's hard facts.

In fact there's just so much pish in this whole mess it's a wonder Ibrox isn't yellow by now, from Green to the endless F#^king Rangers men spouting their pish to whoever will listen but actually doing f#^k all about it.

Edited by GovanAllan

Apparently Green is sending out a strong message to the players regarding their contracts this morning. Any news on what he's saying exactly?

Yeah it just appeared on SSN mate, or at least I think this is it. Nothing new really.

Rangers chief executive Charles Green has accused the players who have rejected a transfer to his newco of 'opportunism' and insists he will challenge their decision.

Skipper Steven Davis became the latest player to reject the offer of a transfer to the newco, which was set up in the wake of the original club's liquidation earlier this month.

Davis follows in the footsteps of the likes of Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty, Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker and Sone Aluko, who could all now effectively become free agents.

Green has always insisted that player contracts were automatically transferred to the newco as part his purchase of the stricken original club's assets and any player who tries to walk away could face legal action.

The former Sheffield United chairman reiterated he would challenge the players' decision and accused them of trying to take advantage of the club's financial woes.

"I'm very, very disappointed of course," Green told Sky Sports News when quizzed on the latest rejections. "Particularly so late in the proceedings.

"It is clear in the regulations, if someone has an objection they have to notify within 24 hours, this is nearly two weeks.

"I think this is just opportunism. We will definitely challenge it yes."

When asked whether he expected more players to try and quit the club Green added: "I've learnt not to expect the expected at Rangers."

Said it before, say it again: these players could all have signed up for the newco (if somesuch was needed) and left before the end of the months still. No-one would question their motives, given the state we are in. No, some would probably be applauded for getting it done this way and helping the club with a transfer fee. This is the cheap way out, a way that eases more money into the player's coffers, as their agents will trash out fine signing-on fees for their "free agents".

Cheers Craigy, I've just seen him speaking to SSN. Looked and sounded well pissed off.

I'm not sure if backing this guy into a corner at the moment is the right move to be honest. It worries me. Having said that, he, his backers and lack of backers worries me too, so it's worrying no matter which way I look at it.

Today's Record caries quotes from Davis regarding the lack of communication. It also says that Green refused to meet players to discuss inserting clauses into contracts if players moved to 'newco' in case we find ourselves in Div 3. It also say's Fleck spent yesterday trying to reach Rangers "management" to discuss the situation but they couldn't be reached. Read into that what you will.