The rat speaks again with more excuses

FFS, he's just bought the Club for £5m and when Walters consortium asked to buy it off him, he wants £20m, a 300% mark-up for a couple of months "work". If that doesn't slap sense into the "Blind Loyal" then God help them.

There is not just black & white here (the cynic in me just remarked: true, there is Green, but anyway), so why would you try to split the support in either / or - factions? IIRC, it was made plain enough why he wanted more money.

Why did Green, who's a Yorkshireman BTW, want to buy Rangers FC, if not to Capitalise on the assets?

There can be no other logical conclusion that can be sought.

It's a get rich quick scheme for Green and his "20 Strong" consortium.

You see, what strikes me as odd with replies such as these is that while you seem to know a clear distinction between sensible and blind supporters (see above), you can't see farther than the asset-stripping argument. Or, indeed, explain how he would make millions out of the club's assets after his folk has apparently invested much more than the 5.5m asking (sic!) price. He could sell Auchenhowie for much more, or even Ibrox?! To whom? Would that make any sense ... i.e., doing that and risking to have ... say 5% of wrathful Rangers supporters with blood in their eyes chasing you around the globe? You see, I have always been told that Murray made millions out of Rangers during his tenure, but when I ask for any facts to back that up, well, they are is sparse supply, if any. (Which is not to say that I condone what SDM did, I just ask for facts rather than hearsay, conjecture and assumptions.

As for Green's backers. That was a statement at the very beginning of his undertaking. Had we got a CVA, he might have more people on board still. We do not know exactly how many we have now. We may know when the next annual report happens by. For the time being, it is more sensible to watch warily, but objective too. We hardly have a clue how close Kennedy, McColl or Brown's folk are watching (or who is actually with them). They may always be a fall-back option. As it stands, when it comes to what he does at and for Rangers, Green and Co. have IMHO not failed. Whether we like some of his statements or behaviour is another matter and I for one do not overestimate somesuch.

There is not just black & white here (the cynic in me just remarked: true, there is Green, but anyway), so why would you try to split the support in either / or - factions? IIRC, it was made plain enough why he wanted more money.

Well, as a non-paper reader, if you could let me know why Green felt that he should be recompensed with a 300% uplift on his original invesmtent? While I agree that his remuneration should reflect his time and effort, I don't see where he's due a £15m profit?

You see, what strikes me as odd with replies such as these is that while you seem to know a clear distinction between sensible and blind supporters (see above), you can't see farther than the asset-stripping argument. Or, indeed, explain how he would make millions out of the club's assets after his folk has apparently invested much more than the 5.5m asking (sic!) price. He could sell Auchenhowie for much more, or even Ibrox?! To whom? Would that make any sense ... i.e., doing that and risking to have ... say 5% of wrathful Rangers supporters with blood in their eyes chasing you around the globe? You see, I have always been told that Murray made millions out of Rangers during his tenure, but when I ask for any facts to back that up, well, they are is sparse supply, if any. (Which is not to say that I condone what SDM did, I just ask for facts rather than hearsay, conjecture and assumptions.

As for Green's backers. That was a statement at the very beginning of his undertaking. Had we got a CVA, he might have more people on board still. We do not know exactly how many we have now. We may know when the next annual report happens by. For the time being, it is more sensible to watch warily, but objective too. We hardly have a clue how close Kennedy, McColl or Brown's folk are watching (or who is actually with them). They may always be a fall-back option. As it stands, when it comes to what he does at and for Rangers, Green and Co. have IMHO not failed. Whether we like some of his statements or behaviour is another matter and I for one do not overestimate somesuch.

I'm not saying that Green will defo asset strip, I just think that we should view ALL custodians with suspicion after what we went through.

Well, as a non-paper reader, if you could let me know why Green felt that he should be recompensed with a 300% uplift on his original invesmtent? While I agree that his remuneration should reflect his time and effort, I don't see where he's due a £15m profit?

I'm not saying that Green will defo asset strip, I just think that we should view ALL custodians with suspicion after what we went through.

So you would calling for a ST boycott if Walter & Co were in charge and running with a plan that looks remarkably like Greens.

20 mill was a number thrown out there to get them serious Sevco would've walked for a lot less but the Rangers men again failed to come even close to that target.

Seems to be a trend starting when it comes to Rangers men and parting with even a fraction of their wealth.

Edited by GovanAllan

Green now has a business with no debt - current, historic or potential (BTC).

The value will also increase when we know what league we'll be playing in next season.

How much do YOU think a debt free Rangers, competing in DIV1 (for example) be worth on the open market???

Well, I would assume that Rangers still have running costs that need to be met, legal fees, and 5.5m has been offered to the creditors, not - as far as I am aware - Ibrox, Auchenhowie et al. If that assumption is correct, any new buyer will get Rangers FC - all inclusive - for say 10 to 12m. Ain't that a good deal? Green's lot would pocket that money, strike off the creditor bill and retain some 4.5m to 6.5m, money split between the current investors. Now you tell me that a merchant bank and whoever is involved will go through all this hussle for say a 2m profit? A lot money for us, but them?

So you would calling for a ST boycott if Walter & Co were in charge and running with a plan that looks remarkably like Greens.

20 mill was a number thrown out there to get them serious Sevco would've walked for a lot less but the Rangers men again failed to come even close to that target.

Seems to be a trend starting when it comes to Rangers men and parting with even a fraction of their wealth.

Where did I call for a boycott? Seems to be a trend with you putting the proverbial words in my mouth.

Green now has a business with no debt - current, historic or potential (BTC).

The value will also increase when we know what league we'll be playing in next season.

How much do YOU think a debt free Rangers, competing in DIV1 (for example) be worth on the open market???

At present, not a lot to be honest, we've been running at a £5m loss every year for about 20 years.

Certainly not worth £20m.