John Brown's Bid for Rangers

I don't think anyone is saying anything about crooks, I think people are afraid of mercenary businessmen only interested in their own gain being in charge of something they hold dear. And quite right too.

The vast majority of clubs are, and always have been owned and run by people who do it for other reasons than making their payday as big as possible. Why can't we want a bit of that?

We have what we have.

Fergus McCann saw a chance of a pay day, did them no harm.

Guest Corkie

Could be wrong but I think Mcann may have put money up front to pay a debt when he didn't even own (m)any shares and he was tim. That won him a lot of patience over there. With Rangers it seems the Bears with the money were holding back and the only one quick enough with enough money to satisfy D+P wasn't a Bear. Very disappointed in Walter that he and his consortium didn't stump up the funds on time tbh. Now Green has RFC which is worth many multiples of what he paid for it. Whoever wants to get Rangers now will have to pay Green and co a hell of a lot more money than they would have needed to a few short months ago

Yes, Whyte was a wrong 'un and Daly, Phil McStupidname, Keech Jackson & the doubters from within the Rangers support were proved right.

Given that, it follows that anyone else who tries to buy the club must also be corrupt.

Unless they're called Paul Murray. Or Jim McColl. Or Douglas Park. Or if Walter Smith backs them. Or if John Brown and Andy Goram like them. Then their bid should be waved through without question.

But if it's just some smart-arse from Yorkshire, he's clearly at it and it would be for the best if he sells up ASAP.

yeah well I'm hearing a lot of the same things I heard a year ago about p Murray. I think I will reserve judgement on who's right this time for a while.

If Green wont name whos behind Sevco we might not be playing this season.

Over the last few days I have started to think their is a possibility we won't be playing any football this season

A nightmarish thought.

I have just spoken to John regarding the meeting and as stated in another thread the venue has changed to the Thistle Hotel, Cambridge Street, Glasgow at the same time of 2pm (Sunday 15th july). This is due to a couple of factors but this is 100% confirmed.

He has also asked me to state the following:

This is not an open meeting (due to numbers attending already).

The meeting is for supporters clubs reps only and a maximum of 2 per club.

No club colours to be worn.

Thanks.

New venue, seems its going to be busy.