rangers presentation to spl

And the facts are that report/presentation is somewhat worrying.

However, it doesn't say if our acceptance of sanctions carries over into our SFL presentation. I'd sincerely hope not as if we're unable to sign new players the chances of us being promoted from Division 3 are significantly lower.

We won't be in division 3 Frankie ;)

Does the transfer embargo exclude players who are free agents?? Thats the only way around putting a squad together with a transfer ban that I can see.

We'd only be able to sign players under the age of 18. No free agents above that age unless we're renewing existing contracts (e.g. Aluko).

Does the transfer embargo exclude players who are free agents?? Thats the only way around putting a squad together with a transfer ban that I can see.

Did the SFA document where had to provide information for not say in section 9 "Transfer Proposals for Replacement Players?" Would we not be allowed to replace those that have left and that's it?

that was one of the complaints by one of the chairman wasn't it?

it is pretty poor but I'm not sure what they were expecting.

I can see why he was scathing. Green needs to read the Setting the Standard report to see a report that sets the standard...

Right.

Can we discuss the report as opposed to nonsense about other forums?

There are a few people skating on thin ice with their constant derailment of almost every thread on the subject. Please respect opposing opinions and lets stick to the facts.

Perhaps you should consider dealing with obvious "trolling" threads in the literal sense, ie threads designed to provoke an emotional response, rather than threatening to censure those who pass comment on them?

I find it's always beneficial to attack the root cause of a malaise, rather than treating the symptoms.

Just a suggestion.

Perhaps you should consider dealing with obvious "trolling" threads in the literal sense, ie threads designed to provoke an emotional response, rather than threatening to censure those who pass comment on them?

I find it's always beneficial to attack the root cause of a malaise, rather than treating the symptoms.

Just a suggestion.

With respect, I know exactly what the issue is here.

Now, either stick to our rules or go elsewhere. That goes for all who'd prefer to spoil the discussion of valid topics.

I'm not so sure. Pressure is building from bears and non-bears to affect that conclusion.

I am in the minority who thinks that Division 1 is best for us.

Division 3 may be morally right however we are missing the big picture.

Its all good and well wanting to punish teams etc, however by doing so we risk losing young fans (the future of our game) to the ever growing juggernaut that is English football.

----------------------------------------

On a side note:

It may sound completely crazy however the best way for our country's game to improve is for the Scottish Government to try and limit the number of foreign games broadcast in Scotland.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

I am in the minority who thinks that Division 1 is best for us.

Division 3 may be morally right however we are missing the big picture.

Its all good and well wanting to punish teams etc, however by doing so we risk losing young fans (the future of our game) to the ever growing juggernaut that is English football.

----------------------------------------

On a side note:

It may sound completely crazy however the best way for our country to improve is for the Scottish Government to tray and limit the number of foreign games broadcast in Scotland.

I'd agree Div1 would arguably be better (under no sanctions) but I'm sympathetic to the Div3 option and the will of the majority.